Wow, my new 60cc is Smoother than my 70cc!

T

Topher39

I built my son a new ride with a Dax 65cc kit. My ride has a dax 70cc - the kits were similar, but had a few differences in hardware here and there. What is really different is how smooth this little 65 is compared to the 70. Much Quieter, smoother by far, even during the 1st 5 min. on that "spankin" new motor. So what gives? Are they really that different? I enjoy the 70, it runs well over all but gee wiz, this 65 right out of the shoot is going to be nice.

Anyway, some of your feedback would be great.

By the way, out of the box I put the new clutch "roller" mechanism I saw posted and it works really great, along with the derailer sprocket instead of the nylon roller bearing - some great ideas from you all, Thanks!

My Son Bailey will be introduced to the forums too, along with his new ride and a photo. At present, he can't wait for me to get home from work so we can start breaking it in. (I did not tell him I was up at 6am this am to take a first ride - could not resist after finishing it last night at 10pm)

Topher

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my son Bailey and I do most everything together, sometimes I am not sure who is more of a kid! He has an electric scooter and we have tried to go on a few rides together but range is a factor on the e-ride and as he says, "I feel like I am riding at Grandma speed" Now we can cruise together, something fun for us both for sure. He got the bike for xmas, and the motor for his birthday.

Thanks for the feedback!

Good story Topher, I had to laugh when you said you woke up early to go for a ride.
I'm sure Large will be happy to learn that his trick has once again made its way onto another bike!
Your son Bailey is one lucky guy to have a dad like you and having "fun" together is a great way of "keeping in touch"!

You've got absolutely the right idea with your son....communications,combined with practical "hands-on" experience together.
I can't help u with the Dax problem but if Bailey has the better engine u could always get up even earlier and swap them..........kidding. ;)

hehe, why you cryin', large...is it the dad-son bonding thing?
Happy Time ~ That wonderfully affordable 2 stroke engine from China that's frame mounted and is my friend.
nah..i'll bet it's just because there's another HT on the road :LOL::LOL:

sorry, toph', it was out there and someone had to take a jab at it ;)

Back