wow what a great clutch

Local time
5:08 PM
So the stock clutch and tranny on these 53cc engines are absolute garbage. Today was the first time I've rode for and length of time and the whole time all I could smell is my tranny burning up I get about 5 miles into my 10 Mile ride and I start hearing this messed up clanking sound like something is loose inside the motor so I shut it off and remove the tranny ..low and behold one of the three springs is in 10 pieces just flying around inside the housing luckily I shut it off before I did any more damage. I dumped out the half inch of rubber dust and spring pieces and reinstalled tranny and she started riding normal again other then the fact I don't have to hit the gas and the tires will engage at a super slow speed and low torque. .....anyways what clutch and tranny should I invest in for reliability amd strength? Thank you ahead of time

I'm not entirely sure if those springs will work in the stock clutch. I suggest getting the hd clutch.
So the stock clutch and tranny on these 53cc engines are absolute garbage.
Why yes they are. Were you cruising at low speeds? If you cruise at below clutch lockup rpm then it will burn the clutch out. You gotta figure out what your speed is that the clutch is fully locked and stay above that.
I dumped out the half inch of rubber dust
I really hope you didn't breathe any of that in, that's not rubber dust. That stuff is asbestos dust.

Clutches aren't made from asbestos anymore :rolleyes: Brake pads/shoes and clutches are organic-based resins.
IDK if I trust the stock ones... china doesn't have our regulations and many of our engines from there are kinda illegal and listed as something other than a legal motorized bike engine for import purposes.

So your opinion on China is why you state as fact that the clutch dust is asbestos? Sounds like FUD.

Our gas-powered bikes are illegal in China, have been since just before the Beijing Olympics. That also has nothing to do with asbestos.

So you don't trust Chinese-made friction material, but you'll trust advertising from a seller who makes money by selling it?

Umm, okay. :rolleyes:

So you don't trust Chinese-made friction material, but you'll trust advertising from a seller who makes money by selling it?

Umm, okay. :rolleyes:
Says the guy on a honda gxh50 that would get wrecked by this chonda 53cc. I pick and choose my parts, it's been a build that's slowly grown over the years. Yours has been stagnant for years and can only go what? 36 mph? 34 mph? something slow for gears. I live in a mountainous area and climb the steepest no issue, and still go 45-50 mph. You are parked.

Last edited:
Ahh, here we go again, you will never learn your lesson :LOL:

Says the guy on a honda gxh50 that would get wrecked by this chonda 53cc.

You don't follow any kind of logic, do you? Is that why you call yourself "crazy" Dan? First off, this statement from you is a complete non sequitur, it doesn't follow any damn thing you or I have said. What you're doing is attempting to insult me because I exposed your ignorant thinking, and you know how that's gone for you in this forum in the past. You don't have the savvy to argue with me effectively, you'll always show your ass. Every. Single. Time.

I don't even have a GXH50, dumbass. Also, it's always been my opinion (and I've said it in this forum numerous times) that the faster one goes on these, the dumber I think that person is. I have a 2 cars, a truck, and a motorcycle. You think I care about going fast on a motor-assisted bicycle? Who would wreck who? SMH

I pick and choose my parts, it's been a build that's slowly grown over the years.

You pick your parts to fix your dumpster Huffy off the street when you break down. Your build grows like a trash pile or a tumor.

Yours has been stagnant for years and can only go what? 36 mph? 34 mph? something slow for gears. I live in a mountainous area and climb the steepest no issue, and still go 45-50 mph. You are parked.

My bike was finished before you even started yours. I built it to cruise 30MPH and that's what it's done since 2010. I helped blaze the shifter 4G trail you ride on, you'll always suck hind tit, it doesn't matter how fast you think you are. You're so simple-minded that you think going fast on a bicycle even matters. Not to this cat it doesn't, pick a new line. IMO you're just an ultracrepidarian idiot on a piece of trash Huffy who overposts in this forum with drunk bulls**t. gitgud, Florida boy.

Back