WOW WOW WOW GEBE TANAKA 40 with bigger Carb

S

sabrewalt

Hi, I bought Jim Hs used Tanaka 40 with the larger carb and tuned pipe. It FINALLY showed up this morning at my Post Office. I pulled my RS 4 stroke 35 off of my bike and slapped Jim's Tanaka 40 on there but withOUT the tuned pipe. I just ran it for a few minutes with only the header. OOOOo LOUD.

Now I LOVE my RS 35 BUT, I bought some oil mixed it stuck it in the tank. Gave the bulb a couple of pumps and pulled the cord. Well I tried pulling it like I pull the Robin and the thing popped, pulled back at me and darn near sprained my wrist. WOW the compression is AMAZING. I gathered my wits, grabbed it and gave it a pull with some authority and it fired to life. Since I had only the 8 inch header on there, I decided to run out to an area with no houses via pedal power. Fired it up and OMG. :eek:WOW AMAZING:D Ya gotta try this. Jim had it all broke in. It is so fast it is scary. I have one hill that I test all this stuff on and I actually got up it with NO peddling. It is the same hill that burned up my ebike controller. It is the same hill that will stall my RS 35.

Man I better get a better back wheel. :cool:

yahoo...gotta love these tanaka's :cool:

keep us posted on the new drivetrain characteristics please :)

Here are pics... The Muffler REALLY attracts attention

The Jim H Tanaka bolted on to my Raliegh M60.

Attachments

• CIMG3796.JPG
    CIMG3796.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 548
  • CIMG3797.JPG
    CIMG3797.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 543
  • CIMG3798.JPG
    CIMG3798.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 537
So I assume it's a keeper then? You're gonna be spoiled for anything less now, Walt. Imagine the guys running the 46 and 47's!!!

Nice bike and a great looking setup. Where on earth does one find a crazy exhaust pipe like that. LOOKS COOL! Is it loud just going down the road or is it mostly for looks?

Not loud with tuned expansion chamber

Not too loud with all the pipes attached. Sounds like your cranking up an outboard. It IS louder than my Robin Subaru. I am amazed at how much pull even with the 14 tooth highway gear. If you get a good run at a hill it will pull you right up without pedeling and only a little slow down. Not getting any exercise any more!!!

Is that motor rotated to fit the pipe?

I bought the tanaka power kit for my 33cc but with the stock motor configuration my pipe points straight up. Does anyone know if the 33cc can be rotated?
Thanks,
Rob.

shoot, my bad...it may be yer 32 is already rotated "tank back" and you want to rotate it "tank down" to use the pipe...you can do that...4 bolts, see the previous link for reference.

Back