WOW!!

C

Cookie

This past week we sold every extra bike we had even one of the prototypes it is about 3 yrs old and was run hard but that motor runs likes a scalded dog, a little like an old Ford the worse you treat it the better it runs :) .
With the motor being so old and abused, It was used as a main source of transportation in New Orleans for the past 2 yrs. running in muck and un known chemicals.
All we did was clean the bike put a cap full of marvel mystery oil in the tank and run her until the exhaust blew out clean and now that old bike is running like new. .... :D

Sutan had a run in with a "car people" the cars mirror clipped his arm as the car passed in a no passing zone he has some abrasions and a sprained back BUT the bike has a DENT in it's tank we have tried to pull the dent out but there is still a little indentation there about the size of my fist. But some how as he spun off the bike he hip checked the car and she has a dent the size of his hip in her car and he has a BIG HIP so I guess turn about is fair play :) :devilish:

Back on subject....have any of you guys used any oil /gas aditives to your older engins and if so what and what where the results I know a lot of the bike here are not that old but I am sure some of them have the millage built up .

Cookie

I heard of a few ounces of acetone in 10 gallons of gas in a car make the gas burn better. Wonder if we could find the ratio and add it into 1 or 2 gallons and see what it does for these engines. I'm not going to try it because I don't want to risk damaging my engine, can't afford another.

I also saw an ad in Popular Mechanics today about this fuel additive that restores compression or something... If I find the name of it I'll add it, can't remember right now.

I have found that there are two products that have noticeable results:
Marvel Mystery Oil (I swear by the stuff personally), and seafoam.
I've had good results from these products, though I've only used seafoam a couple of times.
Lovin' the Marvel though...

Sea Foam for two strokes, Marvel Mystery Oil for four strokes. Used as a fuel system cleaner/de-carbon-er.

NO ACETONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Begging for pain with that one.

Nothing can restore compression but new rings/valve seals/valve grinding job.

Now, I'll ask you all this- Can you fit a mechanic in a can?

Didn't think so.

Bikeguy Joe said:
Sea Foam for two strokes, Marvel Mystery Oil for four strokes. Used as a fuel system cleaner/de-carbon-er.

NO ACETONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Begging for pain with that one.

Nothing can restore compression but new rings/valve seals/valve grinding job.

Now, I'll ask you all this- Can you fit a mechanic in a can?

Didn't think so.

Well the stuff that gives compression or whatever supposedly seals tiny holes and scratches on the cylinder walls while in use, gradually improving performance

and I never claimed it to work, it's just something I found, that I thought was interesting

Bikeguy Joe said:

Thanks, I forgot to mention that...
I used seafoam on my tecumseh 49cc powered 'Zipper' engine kit (the first one I owned way back when, it was old, used, and abused, but free!); it cleaned out the engine and improved the overall performance of the engine. Not necesarily faster or more power, but it smoothed out the way the engine was running over all and ran very well for a few more years.
We used Marvel in the machine shop for many different things, but I put a capful in the fuel tank ever other fill up and a capful in the crankcase every oil change on the Whizzer when going across the country.
Take 'er easy folks.

Back