WOW!

:D Why not just limit us new guys to a certain area that has all the answers and after awhile when our post count is up and our noob questions are down the rest of the site will be accessible.(just a thought)

I really like this site but I must confess that I have posted a few stupid topics but I'm trying to limit that here and elsewhere.

that's a good thought...we'll have to consider that strategy for the new software, if doable. thanks! 8)

well, i can surely rise to a dare when i'm pushed hard enuff...

bikeguy joe...time to go show us how to do it right, good luck with that. thanks for a wonderful morning.

folks, forums have always had rules, some more than others. it's not fair to expect someone else to run their forum the way YOU want. the choice to stay or go is yours. just because society in general is breaking down around us, that doesn't mean we have to let the newb run roughshod over us...please PLEASE take the time to read what we're about & quit blaming us for being so tough on policy.

read our policies and mission statements, if you don't like what you see, don't join...you're still free to use the info, it's all good.

some people just don't get it, read and search first, if you don't find the info, ask, but don't be lazy and just ask. these are the people we don't need around here. :cool:

I dont think these forums policies are to tough at all I like the way it is set up.

The search function works well here unless like me you misspell words I hate when I do that.

Limiting us NOOB's to an answer/info area for either a post count or time limit would ease the rest of the forums from the repeat questions.
A 2-4 week time limit might be better since we NOOB's will want answers and be forced to do some searching, rather than a post count system which will just get pumped up real fast to gain access.

I wish the option for ME to delete a topic that I started was turned on.I have already posted things that I wish I could just delete into oblivion on this site.

just for kicks said:
I dont think these forums policies are to tough at all I like the way it is set up.

The search function works well here unless like me you misspell words I hate when I do that.

Limiting us NOOB's to an answer/info area for either a post count or time limit would ease the rest of the forums from the repeat questions.
A 2-4 week time limit might be better since we NOOB's will want answers and be forced to do some searching, rather than a post count system which will just get pumped up real fast to gain access.

I wish the option for ME to delete a topic that I started was turned on.I have already posted things that I wish I could just delete into oblivion on this site.

thanks for the compliment about site (we all need to hear it sometime)
I think everyone would like a couple 'mulligans', but by leaving them , it shows others that we all started the same way (clueless) !!! :LOL: :D 8)

my .02$

edited for extra content

The first thing Noobs seem to learn on their own, is to 'join'. Then they manage to figure out how to post without help. This usually happens in nearly every forum, and is good. Therefor, (as most seem to agree) he/she should learn how to 'SEARCH', before posting ANY technical questions. Since most noobs will almost always hop-on the 'Post' button (without reading) then the seasoned member should automatically respond to their 'Post', NOT with the answer,... but with clear directions to the fastest and most efficient way to find the answers. Something like this:...

"Instead of me having to fix you a sandwich everytime you get hungry,... I'll just show you where the kitchen is."

START YOUR SEARCH BY GOING HERE:
https://motoredbikes.com/search

Back