WOW!

G

Things have gotten a bit rude and testy around here lately....I realize a lot of the same questions are being asked over and over by "newbs" but this happens in a lot of forums. This is the only one where it is met with such responses. The multiple repeating questions are part of life when running a website, especially one where there are SO MANY questions for the newbie.

Such heavy handed responses are a good way to reduce what is (was?) a growing informative community to the little known niche community that it was just months ago.

Can everybody just take a deep breath and try to not be so annoyed with new folks? (yes, I know once I was annoyed by a certain jeffspeeder, but now since he was banned for being "so annoying" I have corrosponded with him privately and I believe I have helped him to keep on motoring)

No fun here anymore..... :cry:

I know this post will either-
a.) Get me banned, which is O.K. if that's what happens, I'll live and I'll see you around other places....
b.) Get deleted/locked.
c.) Get me a verbal spanking via PM.
d.) All of the above.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion, anyone else?

Joe

edited for additional comments.....and spelling

thanks for giving me answers to my questions , there should be more people like you :), thats all i needed was abit of help , whats the point of having a forum if people can't post there mind.

Joe, I agree. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are A LOT of people trying to get info on these motors who are not computer savy (sp?). Many of these people do not spend large amounts of time on their computer in forums (or anywhere else for that matter). Please try to be patient with these folks, they "just wanna ride". If you can point them in the right direction without biting their head off, that would be nice..............

yeah? you guys don't see the private message heavyhanded "DEMANDS" we get for help...and i know of a couple more "newbs" who almost didn't make it here, too. but those guys(wink wink) realized we are doing our best with an overwhelming population explosion, and now they "try" to help...i don't think this is your best effort at "trying" to help tho...
you really wanna "help" MBc staff? then YOU start insisting that new members use the proper etiquette & follow our posted rules, and you quit criticizing guys who volunteer their time to help people only to be treated like we're obligated to do so.

rules and policies are a part of forums, i know there'a a lot of newbs here, and our policies are geared to help them along, but it requires actually reading them. we're supposed to go the extra-EXTRA mile for people who treat us like paid whipping posts? hardly :censored:

i wouldn't insist on people using the search if i didn't know it works fine...

btw-thanks for more clutter and stress, next time how about you "spank" the newbie for not following clearly laid out guidelines? it worked with you, it should work with them.

sounds like Joe volunteered to answer the same questions over and over
go for it Joe, but I am not going to do it
I used to answer them all, then I searched for them and posted results, now I give the search criteria, I don't want to get to the point were I don't want to do even that
when the same thing gets asked by most new people, the obvious thing to do is look around first
I like to read new posts not answer same thing 2 or 3 times
most seem to be install matters... we put a lot of time and effort into our install manual section just to avoid this situation, but nobody seems to want to read it
I realize people are eager to get started, just like I was but c'mon people be reasonable, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

CoolBiker said:
thanks for giving me answers to my questions , there should be more people like you :), thats all i needed was abit of help , whats the point of having a forum if people can't post there mind.
posted in "introduce yourself" yet? it sure would be nice to "know" who's been PM'ing me with demands for help instead of helping himself a bit. the internet isn't what IT used to be...if anyone here thinks we should bend and sway to your new-on-the-scene-but-i-don't-respect-the-hard-work-you-guys-do-here-now-help-me-this-instant 'tude, then you're thinking wrong...

people may form a forum with any set of policies they want, then you have the choice to join or not.

you joined, but obviously didn't take a moment to learn how to help yourself first. fine bit of thanks...how do you think it was possible for so many major-minds to be gathered in one place? tight rules and content policies keep the place readable & searchable. there are a ton of really cool people here...we insist on coolness, even if we (staff) have to be un-cool to make sure it stays that way.

you're welcome...would you like my mailing address so you know where to send payment? :p

azkronic said:
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

Exactly.

I'll always be glad to answer questions, whether it's here, PM's or e-mails...which I get a lot of.

"MBc EDIT - This post contained content that is listed in the MotoredBikes.com rules as unacceptable."
anyone else want to volunteer for a red flag? PM me.

the best way to catch flies is something the new guy wanting help should be pondering...we've done more than our part up to now, do yours too. you say it's "no fun any more?" no kidding.

augidog said:
yeah? you guys don't see the private message heavyhanded "DEMANDS" we get for help Maybe you should deal with them the way you did me and use the PM so as to not publicly chastise the uninitiated?... I do get a lot of request for help via PM's due to the terse replies recived on the forums. and i know of a couple more "newbs" who almost didn't make it here, too. but those guys(wink wink) Just say "bikeguy joe" fer' crying out loud...didn't make it here? Please, I don't remember filling out an application realized we are doing our best with an overwhelming population explosion, and now they "try" to help... Funny one there augi, I do believe an overwhelming majority would say I DO HELP i don't think this is your best effort at "trying" to help tho...you really wanna "help" MBc staff? then YOU start insisting that new members use the proper etiquette & follow our posted rules, and you quit criticizing guys who volunteer their time to help people only to be treated like we're obligated to do so.quote]

augidog said:
good for you...because staff is tired of feeling obligated to kiss butt...yours too :censored:

sheesh, give the guy a sticky for a nice post & it's been nothing but trouble ever since...remember when you were the newb and stomping all over the forum? You mean "posting" and trying to get things going ? I was posting answers, not asking questions BTW. ...did i kiss yer butt, or did i make our policies clear & stand firm? Both apperently.the best way to catch flies is something the new guy wanting help should be pondering...we've done more than our part up to now, do yours too. you say it's "no fun any more?" no kidding.

Yes, nothing but trouble ever since. :LOL:

Well, I guess the heat in the kitchen is too much for some so to speak.

If you don't kick my butt off here, I'll be glad to answer all the repeat questions over and over for as long as it takes to get the message out to the newbies....

Peace if you let it.

Back