Wrist pin bearing

Spare_Parts

Local time
9:11 AM
Any better options available? What about the pin? I found VXP 10x14x15 on this site but it was one guy who was talking about it.

I tried the graphite/ bronze bushing and got maybe 50 miles out of it. Put in a new pin and bearing and probably at 500 miles now. Just recently started making noise.

for standard motor that isn't being run too lean, the standard bearing is OK - one notable exception is if head studs are so bent that cylinder is a bit out of line many bad things can happen

if debris, such as from the failed bronze bushing is present in bottom end, a hard fail could happen (note: fine bronze powder and shavings are hard to remove with a magnet)

for standard motor that isn't being run too lean, the standard bearing is OK - one notable exception is if head studs are so bent that cylinder is a bit out of line many bad things can happen

if debris, such as from the failed bronze bushing is present in bottom end, a hard fail could happen (note: fine bronze powder and shavings are hard to remove with a magnet)
Do the brass bushings have a high failure record? I put one in and ran some miles with it and now I hear metallic tick @ mid RPM s. Should I pull the cyl. and check?...(dumb question)

Last edited by a moderator:
years ago, these all used to fail pretty quick, not sure if they improved or not - search in threads maybe 4 or more years old

It's not even close to standard and probably should have mentioned that. The engine is a Zeda case reed with a milled cylinder and the squish is very tight. Don't know the compression ratio. It also sees high RPM very often.

Bottom wnd was cleaned out pretty good when the bronze bushing failed.

Any better options available? What about the pin? I found VXP 10x14x15 on this site but it was one guy who was talking about it.

I tried the graphite/ bronze bushing and got maybe 50 miles out of it. Put in a new pin and bearing and probably at 500 miles now. Just recently started making noise.
The vxt bearing is quite good as is the Malossi or Stage Six,high rpm and s**tty timming curves kill these pretty quick though so if your hearing that metalic tinking it's best to look for play.

Just ordered 2.

I have a super charge cdi but haven't filed the woodruff key or got the adjustable magnet yet. Still have to pull it apart to see what's up.

Back