Wrist pin blues

Jdh

Local time
8:31 AM
My wrist pin and bearing keeps failing causing my HT engine to have an annoying knock. Can any one tell me where I can purchase high quality replacement parts.

Also does anyone know where I can get longer rod with 11 or 12mm wrist pin that can be used on HT engine?

the wrist pin it self is too short. there's nothing wrong with the stock wrist pin though, so no need

Unfortunately once the rod small end is damaged, a new wrist pin bearing will not last long.
A Oilite bronze bushing may do the trick for you.
Learn about them, may need an oiling groove or holes.

Steve

Last edited:
I have found premature wear on my wrist pins as well. One thing I noticed this weekend while drilling a pin to lighten it was that the ends were harder than the center section. My guess is these pins are electronically heat treaded. Clamped between two electrodes thus getting hotter on the ends. Just a guess. The drill was hard to start but got easy as we went through the center section. I too am looking for better pins.

I have a rod bearing up on ebay right now I use and is good for 20,000 rpm.......pm me if interested in purchasing, thanks....this is new

I have found premature wear on my wrist pins as well. One thing I noticed this weekend while drilling a pin to lighten it was that the ends were harder than the center section. My guess is these pins are electronically heat treaded. Clamped between two electrodes thus getting hotter on the ends. Just a guess. The drill was hard to start but got easy as we went through the center section. I too am looking for better pins.

Could be, or case hardened. Or inductively hardened.
Hard surface to resist wear and brinelling, ductile core to resist fracture.

Back