Wrong belts huh?

It's a timing belt, it's meant to be fairly tight. Also, whenever you adjust the belt on a 4G, always take the tension out of the drive chain first. The belt cam also changes the output chain's effective distance to the wheel sprocket! Therefore, chain tension should be the final adjustment made.

I have to do a contortion act to get my 4G on my setup, rotating the whole thing a certain way to get both the belt and my 13 half-links for the jackshaft input into place. You may find it easiest to "lever" the 4G and belt into place without the mounting bolts like I do. Or you can just remove the big pulley LOL (mine's stuck)

It's a timing belt, it's meant to be fairly tight. Also, whenever you adjust the belt on a 4G, always take the tension out of the drive chain first. The belt cam also changes the output chain's effective distance to the wheel sprocket! Therefore, chain tension should be the final adjustment made.

I have to do a contortion act to get my 4G on my setup, rotating the whole thing a certain way to get both the belt and my 13 half-links for the jackshaft input into place. You may find it easiest to "lever" the 4G and belt into place without the mounting bolts like I do. Or you can just remove the big pulley LOL (mine's stuck)

Im pretty sure that's where I messed up! thank you so much for your input.

Back