Wrongfully prosecuted and jailed in Oklahoma needs a pro bono lawyer to recover lost wages , etc.

I've never had a drinking and driving offence in my life. My D.L. was suspended for no insurance over 20 years ago. This bike was , is going to be my transportation to work.
Ok Robbie...Before i finally retired from Valvoline Oil and moved here from NH to NM, I was originally from Boston and i was a cop...Retired from that as a LT. in 1989...During those years, I also went to Suffolk University School of Law in Boston...its the poor mans 'Harvard" Law School.

I am going to guarantee you that you have totally P.Oed the officer right off, that is if you are also not a repeat offender of whatever he could be holding against you...If he knows you already, even on a first name basis, he will make your life miserable.

In your subject title, it proclaims...

Wrongly Prosecuted...Incorrect...you have not been Prosecuted as of yet, thats going to be Nov. 17th. You were just arrested is all.

Need a Pro Bono Lawyer to recover lost wages...This is not Perry Mason where Pro Bono, (Free Rep.) are just looking to make right all the wrongs of the world...i have never once seen a Pro Bono Attorney at Law take on a traffic/vehicle offense case involving tickets and bicycles.

Do yourself a favor, bite the bullet, hire an Attorney to at least address the laws the cop is trying to use against you and to also recover your bike.
Thats the most you can expect from this...Just hope the bike hasnt been "accidently" damaged or disabled along the way.
Things like that can happen if there has been a past "history" between you and the arresting officer...and as Wrench has already said...What you reported is not normally an arrestable offense...there has to be more to the story than what has been told...DAMIEN

My D.L. was suspended for no insurance over 20 years ago.
In Oklahoma when ya get your drivers license suspended for driving without insurance. Your drivers license is suspended until you prove you have insurance. You got arrested because your a repeat offender You never proved you have insurance you never got a D/L You did not register your M/B.
In Oklahoma a M/B is considered a moped and ya have to register it have a D/L and insurance
I was ticketed and jailed for no D.L.,no tags, and no insurance
Your guilty of all charges.

well, not a lawyer, and really haven't got into too much trouble

but, you can basically forget about the wage lose compensations, since your "technically" in the wrong for no insurance, etc.

your best bet is to get a good attorney, see if you can get your drivers back before the court date, since that would help.

most likely it's going to be fine, they drop it, possibly have you pay a fine/fines if there greedy.

Worst case your drivers get revoked again and your moped gets hauled to the scrapper.

Could anybody recommend a lawyer to fight a case in court? I was ticketed and jailed for no D.L.,no tags, and no insurance forfeiting my 80c.c. motorized bycycle . I had someone check the law before I purchased my kit. I tried to tell the arresting officer he was wrong. That's when the situation went south. My court date is Nov. 17. I can beat the tickets myself in court, but I dont know how to attempt to recover my lost wages , etc. Due to being jailed.
Don't worry Robbie things aren't that bad
These charges are minor and can be taken care of easily. The most expensive part is paying the fines.
Before ya go to court get insurance SR-22 $25 to show the judge you want to take care of this. Pay the fines$ or make arrangements to pay
Now you get your D/L back. Ask the Judge for your M/B back and register it
Of course to keep insurance on your M/B you'll have to make arrangements with the insurance provider.
Your legal and can ride your M/B to work :D

Last edited:
Mopeds (Motorized Bicycles)
In Oklahoma, a moped is a motorized bicycle with the following characteristics:
  • It has both pedals and a motor that can propel the vehicle.
  • It has an automatic transmission.
  • The helper motor is no bigger than 50 CC.
  • It cannot go more than 30 mph on level ground.
Additionally, Oklahoma has a separate definition for an “electric-assisted bicycle”. In order to be considered an electric-assisted bicycle, your bike must meet the following requirements:
  • It has both pedals and a motor.
  • The helper motor is no bigger than 1,000 watts.
  • It cannot propel itself more than 20 mph on level ground.
Moped Licensing, Titling and Registration
Although mopeds are not considered to be motorcycles, they must still be registered, tagged and titled in Oklahoma.
It’s important to note that you must apply for your title within 30 days of owning your moped. You will have to apply for your title through the MVD (Motor Vehicle Division), or at any of the tag agencies in the state of Oklahoma, and pay a titling fee of $11.
You’ll also need a Class A, B, C or D driver’s license.
Moped Driving Laws
In addition to the licensing, titling and registration requirements, you should obey the following regulations while driving a moped:
  • You must wear an appropriate helmet at all times if you are under 18 years old.
  • If you are at least 16 years old, you may carry a passenger only if your vehicle is factory-designed to carry one (such as a double seat or side car attachment.)
  • You cannot hold or attach yourself to another vehicle for the purpose of being propelled.
  • You cannot pass another vehicle between lanes of traffic.
  • You cannot drive on highways.
Additionally, you must abide by all of the standard Oklahoma traffic laws.

Note also that this particular law goes into effect in Oklahoma begining 11-1-2020...DAMIEN

"D. No person shall operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle without having a valid Class A, B, C or D license with a motorcycle endorsement. Except as otherwise provided by law, any new applicant for an original driver license shall be required to successfully complete a written examination, vision examination, and driving examination for a motorcycle as prescribed by the Department of Public Safety, and a certified state-approved motorcycle basic rider course approved by the Department if the applicant is seventeen (17) years of age or younger to be eligible for a motorcycle endorsement thereon. The written examination and driving examination for a motorcycle shall be waived by the Department of Public Safety upon verification that the person has successfully completed a certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider course approved by the Department."

If I was Robbie I would be riding a 49cc with a centrifugal clutch to qualify as a Motorized Bicycle
If I understand the OK law this means I need no D/L no insurance and no reg.

The 80cc 2 stroke has a manual clutch and is considered a Moped, needing insurance reg and a D/L

Note also that this particular law goes into effect in Oklahoma begining 11-1-2020...DAMIEN

"D. No person shall operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle without having a valid Class A, B, C or D license with a motorcycle endorsement. Except as otherwise provided by law, any new applicant for an original driver license shall be required to successfully complete a written examination, vision examination, and driving examination for a motorcycle as prescribed by the Department of Public Safety, and a certified state-approved motorcycle basic rider course approved by the Department if the applicant is seventeen (17) years of age or younger to be eligible for a motorcycle endorsement thereon. The written examination and driving examination for a motorcycle shall be waived by the Department of Public Safety upon verification that the person has successfully completed a certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider course approved by the Department."
Ok Let's assume class A/B is commercial, C class is regular DL. What the heck is a D class license?

Back