WTB-BikeBug friction drive

I need a drive wheel thingy, for a friction drive BikeBug front wheel drive. Anybody have a spare one? Know where I can get one (or two)?? Any info? Thanks!

oh yeah, the wheel drive "thingy"...that tells alot. you mean the friction drive wheel?

jon

yep, I meant the friction drive wheel......I thought I was clear enough when I said "the wheely thing for a .............friction drive". I don't have a part number and I'm not certain of the correct nomenclature. Anyway, I'm looking for one. Thanks

augidog said:
Herrmanator8...that's not your usual style :eek:

yaa, youre right. i was just kickin up dust for no reason. wont happen again.

but, whats a bikebug? how does it work?

jon

Do you want the entire motor and drive or just the drive roller? Many people have modified urethane rubber skateboard wheels by enlarging the center hole to fit the driveshaft of the bikebug drive. You can vary the gear ratio by the diameter of the wheel used.

psuggmog said:
Do you want the entire motor and drive or just the drive roller? Many people have modified urethane rubber skateboard wheels by enlarging the center hole to fit the driveshaft of the bikebug drive. You can vary the gear ratio by the diameter of the wheel used.
I'm buying this sight unseen. I was wondering if that's possible!
I was thinking that there MIGHT be some kind of a keyway arrangement to keep the drive wheel from slipping, and that might be hard to machine. I WISH I could at least see the thing, but beggars can't be choosers, and I'm getting the thing for the right price......Thanks for the input!

Back