WTB-Front Wheel/Drum Brake for Whizzer Fork (i found one, thanks)

i think i'm tired of trying to mod a front brake on my hydraulic whizzer front-end...

so i'm checking availability and price for a wheel w/drum brake...please PM me if you can help.

thanks.

if you can find an old moped, they usually have drums, you could lace the hub to your rim
I know your on a budget, my hub cost me 80$ laced to my rim...it was worth it
just throwing out ideas dude :)

that can be done:eek:
man i just had three of those old rims that are gone for ever
crapacheno!!!!

thanks, guys, but i'm not gonna try my hand at that one.

btw-i've been trying all kinds of searching. can't come up with a specific listing anywhere for a whole wheel, new or (preferably) used. any links/leads would also be appreciated.

any 26" complete front drum wheel...would consider an old schwinn, that might look neat. we can work with the arms/levers no problem, don's a wiz' at fabrication.

i think i'm tired of trying to mod a front brake on my hydraulic whizzer front-end...

so i'm checking availability and price for a wheel w/drum brake...please PM me if you can help.

thanks.
Augie
I have a brand new WHIZZER rear wheel /W brake drum. Maybe you could somehow
make it work for the front ?????????

Rear as Front?

The short answer is Yes. The areas where you will have to make changes are 1) the spacing/over locknut dimension of the hub. The rear hub is somewher in the range of 126mm - 135mm right now and will need to be reduced to 100mm to fit up front. This should be doable just by removing/adjusting the length of the spacer on the cog side of the hub. 2) the axle diameter on the rear hub is usually larger 10mm on the rear and 9mm on the front. So you may have to enlarge the fork dropout. 3) The brake anchor arm (the part of the brake that attaches to the frame) is shorter on a rear hub and may need to be extended for a front installation.

ocscully

mikey...PM sent but forgot to ask a question...is the sheave installed? does removing it affect the integrity of the wheel for use as a front?

Back