WTB Mitsubishi TLE-43

SORRY ! I can't help you with that issue. I went through the same thing a few months ago with both Mitsubishi and Subaru. If it's that hard to find where to buy one, what do you think it's going to be like if you need parts for them down the road. The one or 2 dealers that sell the engine might have parts, but they'll also have a monoply on the price too ! I ended up buying a Honda GX35, whch I don't like due to big time lack of power. I have a friction drive kit with a Harbor Freight engine. The original engine. I swapped it for the Honda and then back to the HF engine because it has more power than the Honda.I know me and a few other people think the Harbor Freight engine might be a Chinese clone of the Mitsubishi. They sure look very, very similar. I like my HF engine. I can buy 4 of them for the price of one Mitsubishi. I'm not trying to sell you on Harbor Freight and I don't care what you use. Just trying to help you and others that might read this.But if you're interested in the HF engine let me know and I'll tell you how to get one for around $80.00 plus your local sales tax. Seriously ! No gimick at all. I know first hand. I've done it. Hope this helps !

Thanks Porkchop. You made a very good point. I have considered the HF motor but I want a relatively quiet motor and these are not as I understand it or are they? I'm now looking at the Titan 4 stroke which seems to be a great engine with power and not too loud. I'm getting a BMP fricton kit and want a motor around 2 hp.

Personally I don't think my engine is to loud. I live on a major 4 lane highway, and with the Harleys and the kid's boom boxes, you think I'm cioncerned about noise ? It's behind me anyway. And I can buy those engines for less than $90.00 out the door. My friction kit is from BMP also. Been very pleased with it. My engine is rated from 1.5 to 2.2 horse power depending on who you listen to. But I know it will leave a Honda GX35 sitting in the dust. The Honda is rated at 1.6hp. If you use the HondaGX35 you'll be sorry if you're looking for power. My HF engine using the 1.25" roller will run all over the Honda using the smaller 1" roller. Bottom and top end. I don't care to much about the top end speed. Power all around is what I want. HF engine seems to do just fine for me. I would like to ride a friction drive with the Titan 50 for comparison. I've been thinking about a Titan 50 frame mount with shift kit.

Thanks Porkchop. You made a very good point. I have considered the HF motor but I want a relatively quiet motor and these are not as I understand it or are they? I'm now looking at the Titan 4 stroke which seems to be a great engine with power and not too loud. I'm getting a BMP fricton kit and want a motor around 2 hp.

Just a quick note that I meant to mention earlier, there are vendors that sell custom exhaust pipes for the 2 cycle engines for apounr 25-30 dollars. I don't know anything more about them. Buy I do know thery're available. Also Harbor Freight has their water pump with the 52cc engine on sale right now for $99.00. If they have a current 20% off coupon, you can get one for $80.00 plus your local sales tax. Hope this helps.

I decided to give the Titan a try and ordered one last night. I've read nothing but good reviews about it and heard it on videos and sounds quiet as far as small engines go.

I actually just ordered the same kit

yo keep up with me and let me know how urs runs

I had both and IMO stick with the Mitsubishi and leave off the Chinese made clones. They last longer, are more reliable and are MUCH quieter.
Better yet for me is the Robin 35.
Power needs depend on how much load your packing. It's pointless to compare engine power with two engines with one having 50% more displacement.

Thanks for the tip. However, I have a generator with a clone honda engine and it has run 72 hrs non-stop (except for adding gas) and never so much as a hiccup.

Back