WTBuy or Build: Back rest

Get a computer chair and a welder....it would rule.

Had thought of that. My boss collects them from dumpsters for his deer blinds. The conflict is the V-brakes cable runs straight down the post and along the rear forks. I can't raise the seat to attach it to the posts or my feet won't touch the ground. I may attach something to the rear rack. I do have lots of flat 1/8 x 1 stock.
Well maybe we'll come up with something for Doc's back.

Thank you Scott for thinking of me, but it will be a while until I mount anything!
Have time to keep looking though.
Doc

http://www.day6bicycles.com/faqs.html

!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking too that if you take a sissy bar and shorten it,bend the ends so it goes under the saddle,you can mount it to the two bars that your seat clamp clamps on and tighten it up with hose clamps. Then cover it lightly with a cloth and some padding. It would be one piece and maybe not so large.

Hmmm, word being blocked

The link I gave you, the name is short for Richard, 4 letters. I guess they think it is a dirty word!!!! Too funny!!!

back rest vs handlebars

scott, the trick is higher bars for an upright sit.

Absolutely correct. I had low bars on my stretch beachshot1.jpg and felt the strain on my back during long rides. Put hi-rise bars on Hurricane1.jpg and I can ride all day completely comfortable.

Besides looking er...uh...gey, the problems you will run into with the backrest, as people have listed here already, far out weigh just changing out handlebars.

Back