Xtracycle and GEBE

T

turkeyssr

I had a wild thought. Would a GEBE work with an Xtracycle.com attachment. YES, it's expensive but the carrying capacity and design is pretty slick. I can't tell from the pictures if there would be enough clearance for the belt. I'm betting a piece of plywood would have to be used in place of the snap deck. In any case, if anyone knows someone that has one and can take measurements, I would appreciate it. Of course, I would want to use the panniers

The short answer is no.....

http://xtracycle.com/gallery.php

I have a basket and saddlebags along my center bar, plus my backpack. The two green packets are my dome tent (above) and tent poles (below).

21_2007_0130mobile0016_2.jpg

The 3 man dome tent was given to me, but IF I were to buy a tent, it would NOT be a dome, but there is a really compact PUPTENT available, which would take up hardly any space on the bike.

Back to xtracycles. It is possible, and I have seen photos of arrangements on both sides of the rear tire, but the two halves are seperate/cut/installed on setups that use the bike frame and the GEBE motormount.

On my Florida trip, I came upon a retired couple on peddling two bikes, the husband pulling a small trailer, and the wife having a setup similar to the one in this pic:

21_bikex_1.jpg

So, you could take those two detached packs she has on her front, and using drill and zip ties and ducttape, make it fit on the back.

Back