XXXX

Mini bike is done so time for something new. My soon to be daily. I'm calling it 4X. This is what I'm starting with.

Attachments

• goldF.jpg
    goldF.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3,032
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'm posting my whiteboard sketchy. I'm not going for a full thread hijack though. 😅 promise.

You only need put your tuned length on your sketchy when youve decided what RPM you want it to be tuned to.
Wider pipes are usually harder hitting but theres things people do with stealthy slim pipes that are not too bad and definitely beat the stock hotdog muffler. In fact, with the side drilled end closed stinger I hope my next pipe will be both quieter and also faster. 😄

Nanight, all.

Attachments

• 20200615_015225.jpg
    20200615_015225.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 202
I had it out riding, but the carb needs tuning. Goes good on the flats but on the hills it can barely get up.
Well, the motor position that I picked wasn't the greatest for pulling the carb so I decided to change it. It needed to go forward an inch or so, so I made two new motor mounts. Actually, I just shortened the front one and all new for rear.

Attachments

• 20200629_221837.jpg
    20200629_221837.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 212
There I go, lots of room to service my carb now. You can see where I had to trim part of the air filter to get it to clear the seat post.

Attachments

• 20200630_120240.jpg
    20200630_120240.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 192
I can see but I'm not sure anyone else can. It's an attachment to your post on your own build thread. Why not just post it full size in the post? 😀

The stock filter box holds back a perfectly functional little (14mm?) carb anyway. Its better with the hole! 😁👍

I can see but I'm not sure anyone else can. It's an attachment to your post on your own build thread. Why not just post it full size in the post? 😀

The stock filter box holds back a perfectly functional little (14mm?) carb anyway. Its better with the hole! 😁👍
That's what I thought too, and easy to do. I just carved it out with my utility knife.

If you click on the picture it becomes full size.

Got too love trial and error 👍...

1 out of 10 should work... Ha...

I'm running with at least 20 + fails since getting into this hobby a few months ago... 🤔

But hey,,, we won't know unless we give things a try...

Plus it helps build up our scrap metal pile...

Now I'm thinking about building a air plane... ✈

Lol

***Not***

Don
Not really fails, but definitely a lot of trial and error.

I put it all together yesterday and took it out for a ride, not good. Boy, do I have some carb issues. I tried every position of the needle, none of them work very good, but the second up is the best of the worse. Starts and idles just fine, but half to full throttle sucks, I have to pedal up the hills.

BUT! It sounds great!

I put it all together yesterday and took it out for a ride, not good. Boy, do I have some carb issues. I tried every position of the needle, none of them work very good, but the second up is the best of the worse. Starts and idles just fine, but half to full throttle sucks, I have to pedal up the hills.

BUT! It sounds great!
Yeah I suppose I would expect a re-jet needed after such a drastic change to the resonant rhythm of the engine. 🤔
Maybe the time to upsize the carb? 😁

Back