XXXX

Mini bike is done so time for something new. My soon to be daily. I'm calling it 4X. This is what I'm starting with.

Attachments

• goldF.jpg
    goldF.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3,012
Last edited by a moderator:
Put the wrap on the pipe this morning before bed. It's still moist after 12 hours drying.
I had used a little JB Weld to secure the wrap where there's a quick change in angle so that it wouldn't slip down and become loose.
I noticed my pipe wrap stays wet a while from just one unavoidable permanent puddle on the coast path.
I went back and squished a bit extra JB Weld onto the wrap on underside of the muffler pipe, painting it into the weave from tgd outside and trying to leave a sealed surface to deflect or to reduce absorption of front wheel spray.
The front fender is already fairly long, and full length would be almost to the ground. I might still add something to the fender.. but it feels like there should be a limit of full fenderedness.
Pipe wrap causing corrosion appears to be another thing to worry about. 🙄

It's been an interesting last couple of days getting this thing running right. Second run I blew exhaust gasket and didn't even notice it until I took out the third time. So had to make a new gasket. My kind of motor mounts produce to much vibrations so I'm going to redesign them with some isolation built in.

Attachments

• Rideo.jpg
    Rideo.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 201
I had more residual damage from my ride on the 8/5 than was visible at first. Turns out I had a broken motor mount. This one will be better and the bike feels more solid when I ride it.

Attachments

• 20200831_205529.jpg
    20200831_205529.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 273
Back