Yamaha 50cc motors on motorbicycles?

NewOrleansFlyer

Local time
6:23 PM
Has anyone ever put older Yamaha 50cc motors on their bikes?? I've got a couple of 50cc 3 Wheelers from the 80's just sitting around. I'd like to use the motors if I could, they are 4 cycle and 4 speeds. Any thoughts or information would be appreciated. Thanks

i dont know the score in the states being british but thoses old yam and honda trikes fetch really good money over here so why not ebay them and grab a dedicated engine with the profits?
whatever you do good luck

if you so much as dare try and pull even one of these apart i shall hunt you down and shoot you!

:)

im in the same boat i just got a honda crf 50 motor for 50 bucks and im wondering if anyone has tryd to mount one on a mtb.. i've got thoughts on how but would like some input. im only doing this so i can beat my buddies tomos i got him up to about 30 then second gear kicks in n its all over...

One member mounted a Honda 50 clone engine in a stretch cruiser. It looked right at home, but of course some motor mounts had to be fabbed.

Yeah, doing anything to the 3 Wheelers would take a local act of congress and approval from the Chairman of the Board (read wife and mother-in-law). These have so many memories, but they're just sitting there. Thanks for the input....

I still have a mint honda 110 3wheeler and I was wondering if the 50cc's have a hi/low range gear leaver tucked in front of the left back tire?
I agree with popeye with his statement "sell them and buy a good MB kit with the cash". It may be a shame to part out a classic if it still runs good.

If you want it to be 'street legal' I might think otherwise. Here in Ca. a motorized bicycle can only be one gear. If it's legal in Montana I'd go for it, I'm sure it would love it's new life in a new frame.

Back