Yasuni R2 bending

Chantland750

Local time
7:12 AM
I have Stage6 Sport Pro MK2 hybrid engine w/ Smolic Performace custom head. mounted on a 29 inch Specialized Hardrock frame. I was using a RM85 pipe until it broke. I got a Yasuni R2 pipe. I am having to make multiple bends in this pipe to get it to fit. I am cutting angled sections out of the pipe so it will bend without creasing. I re-angled the engine in the frame so the bends didn't have to be too drastic. Now I need to install a shorter spark plug due to clearance issues. How much performance manufactured into this pipe am I taking away with my modifying of the pipe?

If it’s just small angle wedges to facilitate the bends.. probably not much if any… you’ll probably never be able to notice it.

If it’s just small angle wedges to facilitate the bends.. probably not much if any… you’ll probably never be able to notice it.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about what I'm doing. Actually, I don't know anything at all about how the R2 runs. It's not been mounted for the 1st time yet.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about what I'm doing. Actually, I don't know anything at all about how the R2 runs. It's not been mounted for the 1st time yet.
I see them on jog scooters all the time, and those guys get 80kph out of them. I have a jog pipe but it's not a Yasuna, it does pretty good.

I see them on jog scooters all the time, and those guys get 80kph out of them. I have a jog pipe but it's not a Yasuna, it does pretty good.
Yeah, I used an eBay jog pipe on the 1st Minarelli I had. It worked fine on unmodified engine. The Stage6 Pro cylinder kit turns my engine into somewhere below a race engine.

Back