YD 100 from Fast Bike Motors ?

Hey thanks, Now I need a bike, someone beat to the Diamondback that I was going to get the other day, now I'm going to look at a GT Timberline (craigslist) I was thinking of a coaster brake model but then decided something with front and rear brakes would be better. Hey be careful with that Montana outfit you mentioned, I see on ebay they have 25% negative feedback in the last 12 months (to add to the drama myself).

I see on ebay they have 25% negative feedback in the last 12 months (to add to the drama myself).
Appreciate that but i deal with them directly by phone and usually deal with Rebecca...lol...Im on a first name basis with all of them up there as i only deal direct with them, never through e-bay or even Amazon Prime who has them as their trusted vendor...lol.

As far as ebay "reviews" from customers, most problems in the last 12 months were due to Covid 19, and shipping and supply problems from China etc...They were pretty much wiped out of stock of most everything for quite a while, They have since stopped stocking anything four strokes now and are concentrating on and still struggling to get enough of everything 2 stroke back into stock...They kept folks informed of out of stock etc. through their website and informed me by phoning and emailing me if something was going to be delayed because of these unforseen issues...Thats service!!!

I also dont use or trust ANTHING at all about ebay...lol...This article is what their own Head High Honchos have done to people.

Ps...im sure that others may chime in here but i always try to be sure that any bike i strap a motor to is a steel frame and not aluminum.
Steel holds up much better under the stress, vibrations etc...
DAMIEN

I like my CDH and BGF. They have both been in it for a long long time, and have good customer service. Never once had any problems in all my years with either one. Not saying things didn't go wrong in shipping, but they always made it good. Usually just wanted some pics to prove what happened, and all was well.

Appreciate that but i deal with them directly by phone and usually deal with Rebecca...lol...Im on a first name basis with all of them up there as i only deal direct with them, never through e-bay or even Amazon Prime who has them as their trusted vendor...lol.

As far as ebay "reviews" from customers, most problems in the last 12 months were due to Covid 19, and shipping and supply problems from China etc...They were pretty much wiped out of stock of most everything for quite a while, They have since stopped stocking anything four strokes now and are concentrating on and still struggling to get enough of everything 2 stroke back into stock...They kept folks informed of out of stock etc. through their website and informed me by phoning and emailing me if something was going to be delayed because of these unforseen issues...Thats service!!!

I also dont use or trust ANTHING at all about ebay...lol...This article is what their own Head High Honchos have done to people.

Ps...im sure that others may chime in here but i always try to be sure that any bike i strap a motor to is a steel frame and not aluminum.
Steel holds up much better under the stress, vibrations etc...
DAMIEN

I just got home with this old school GT Timberland I picked up from an 80 year old man for $35.00 It's made in Japan all steel frame and all chromed, I couldn't be happier. Will be mounting the YD-100 on it.

Attachments

• 20210913_181123.jpg
    20210913_181123.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 122
Well the YD-100 kit from Fastbike Motors came in today from Vegas 3 days after I ordered it. $149.00 total, free delivery, I'm not complaining. It even had an extra 4-bolt chain tensioner for some reason. I pulled the jug and confirmed that the piston was on the right way and it was actually a 50mm piston. The rod was marked YD100. It came with a big Firestorm Zeda 100 decal. I need to order a front mount from mbRebel.com to properly mount it to my 1-1/4" frame tube but I guess I could try it with the big U-bolt they sent me.

Well the YD-100 kit from Fastbike Motors came in today from Vegas 3 days after I ordered it. $149.00 total, free delivery, I'm not complaining. It even had an extra 4-bolt chain tensioner for some reason. I pulled the jug and confirmed that the piston was on the right way and it was actually a 50mm piston. The rod was marked YD100. It came with a big Firestorm Zeda 100 decal. I need to order a front mount from mbRebel.com to properly mount it to my 1-1/4" frame tube but I guess I could try it with the big U-bolt they sent me.
The piston pin clips are the weak point of that engine. I always replace them with heavy duty ones.

The piston pin clips are the weak point of that engine. I always replace them with heavy duty ones.
Thanks for the tip on that. The clips on both ends of the wrist pin were in place and turned freely, almost like they were too loose. Do you (or anyone) know where I can order some good quality ones from?

Thanks for the tip on that. The clips on both ends of the wrist pin were in place and turned freely, almost like they were too loose. Do you (or anyone) know where I can order some good quality ones from?
Use g clips ( single tang) over the two.tang clips. Keeps ya from deforming them. Ebay, amazon, most thr vendors out there, sell the clips. Look for the G shaped clip though.

I use 14mm Snap Rings as wrist pin clips. Guaranteed not to fail.
DSCF4691.JPGDSCF4692.JPG
Of course Snap Ring Pliers are needed to install and remove them
DSCF4693.JPG
Everything can be bought at Ace Hardware

Back