Yd100 performance issues

Even recommended makers make a bad plug from time to time. That one you have is in the wrong heat range, try a B6HS, with the gap set at .025-.028
Okay will do I got a 36 t sprocket and can only reach 28 mph I would think I should be able to reach more on flat ground but engine just seems to flatten out earlier than it should

I'm running a yd 100, I have the dip reed kit and carb ported and polished the head. I had a vacuum leak between the reed block and the head close to day one. I removed the minimal amount of jb weld they tried to seal it to on the head where it was machined flat. Drilled and re tapped the 4 screws they installed initially to a larger size using Allen screws also putting a large worm clamp around the upper part of the head and block. Its still no vacuum leak so far!. Been running it coming up 2 years having a 2 piston I've replaced with 2 sets of rings. Honing it every time as well. Jetting is 150 on the main a 46 on the pilot a short expansion chamber boost bottle NGK b10 hs. It screams needle jet is set 2nd from the bottom. Plug reads chocolate brown . Lol. These things are a pain in the butt. Buy the rims and tires it'll save tons of grief.

The yds seem to be chuggers till broken in, in my exp. Once broken in and the jetting set, they are alright. I prefer the steel sleeve 100s though. My yd has been ran a few times, other than that it sits on the shelf till I want to find something for it to do. The steel sleeves got me hook line and sinker.

Back