YD100 Rear sprocket size trail riding

What kind of hub do you have on your sidewinder? I'm going to try and go with a clamp hub. There's a dilemma and theres two to choose from. Mine measured 32mm (1.259"). There's 2 to choose from a modus adapter that is 1.188" and the occ CB-110 which is 1.258". But the occ is for coaster hubs. Should I go with the modus so it will clamp down harder? I'm curious to know which hub I have, because it also has 6 bolt disc brake. That measured 55mm. So its 32mm in the center and 55mm at the disc area.
Not sure who your question is directed at? I have a triple chainring shift kit on my Sidewinder.

20210704_204619.jpg

You. I'm curious what your rear hub model is. I cant find any info on what they are anywhere. All I know is it measures 32mm.

You. I'm curious what your rear hub model is. I cant find any info on what they are anywhere. All I know is it measures 32mm.
There was no writing on the 6 bolt disc 14 gauge 36 hole freewheel hub shell nor did the owners manual say what model the hub is. It also uses a low grade axle. I had to replace the stock axle with a cro-molly axle

Was reading about your shift kit. I may replace the axle as well. Was going to just put better grease in. How hard was it to get the cassette off? As for the adapter. I'm going to probably go with the modus type. The smaller the better. It's only 2mm diffrence around .07-.08". That will leave enough room to try and get knurles machined in and tap in 2 set screws. Unless theres more enlightenment on going too small on a sproket adapter.

Was reading about your shift kit. I may replace the axle as well. Was going to just put better grease in. How hard was it to get the cassette off? As for the adapter. I'm going to probably go with the modus type. The smaller the better. It's only 2mm diffrence around .07-.08". That will leave enough room to try and get knurles machined in and tap in 2 set screws. Unless theres more enlightenment on going too small on a sproket adaper.
The Sidewinder doesn't use a cassette; it comes stock with a 7 speed 28-14 freewheel. To remove a freewheel you'll need a freewheel removal tool. If you remove the freewheel before riding a brand new bike it'll come off fairly easy. Some times without even using a cheater pipe on a ratchet wrench.

The method I found works best is to put the freewheel removal tool in a heavy duty vice; make sure the tire is pumped up on the rim. This'll give you something soft to grip. Turn the wheel clockwise which will turn the freewheel counter clockwise. Most of the time one person can remove the freewheel but two most certainly can do it using the vise method. If the freewheel is on really tight you'll hear a loud pop when it breaks loose.

Before putting the freewheel back on, grease the threads. If you ever have to remove the freewheel again it'll come off much easier. When putting the freewheel back on just hand tighten it. Pedaling the bike will retighten the freewheel.

With the stock Sidewinder axle it isn't a question of will it bend only when. A tell tell sign you have a bent axle will be broken spokes on the freewheel side.

Had to put project on hold for awhile. I'm dropping the adapter off to have it knurled Monday. In the meantime what cro-molly axle did you use and where can I find one? I'm going to get that out of the way while I wait for the adapter to be done.

Had to put project on hold for awhile. I'm dropping the adapter off to have it knurled Monday. In the meantime what cro-molly axle did you use and where can I find one? I'm going to get that out of the way while I wait for the adapter to be done.
I used a 3/8" cro-molly axle and got it off eBay; you can get them at bicycle shops as well

Back