YD100 Rear sprocket size trail riding

I'll be using the regular free bearings as well. Easier to maintain. I will be going with a 185mm. Extra threads poking out. Will this be the correct size?
CHROMOLY 3/8" x 26 tpi x 185mm BICYCLE AXLE

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So I picked up my first rear disc brake mountain bike for light to moderate trail riding with occasional long mountain grades. It's a steel frame schwinn sidewinder 26inch. I'm going to toss a YD100 in it. But does anyone have experience with these disc adapters from mbrebel or cdh? How in the world do they work without putting the disc more outward making it out of alignment with the caliper? Or am I going to have to loose the rear disc brake and install a traditional center caliper? Also does anyone know a good sproket size for the yd100 on 26" 2.5 wheels to have great hill climbing torque but still be a good all rounder? No way I'm putting a hub adapter in. It may spin while out on the trail. 6 bolt disc adapter is tough as it gets. I need some experience help on this one.
CDH 66cc steel sleeve ported a tiny bit, with a saw carb will out do a YD-100 all day long, and last longer too. YD-100 is ok, just not as powerful as I had hoped they would be.

So It looks like they cant get the adaper knurled. Its possible, but takes specialized equipment. I've came to the conclusion that the disc rotor adapter will be the most reliable way to go. I went to the shop and a Tektro 900 extra long reach caliper fits perfectly in the hole for the rear wheel. The rim is designed to take rim brakes. It's just painted over. I'm going to have ss spokes installed at the shop for extra strength. Still waiting on the axles. Will be putting everything together after a spoke job.

Back