Yet Another New Member From BC

Christopher

Local time
5:39 AM
Hi,
My name, as you may have guessed is Christopher. I live in Beautiful Brentwood Bay, right near Victoria. I've got a Schwinn Cruiser, currently with a rack- mount Dimension Edge on it. But, have not had it out to amaze the populous around these parts for a couple of years. I had put it away as I was tired of burning through tires with the friction roller. At the time, I was riding all winter in the rain, and began epoxy-ing sandpaper to wooden drive wheels, after I had worn out the original. Now I find that the Happy Time style kits have come down so much in price.... Well, you know the rest, I am itching to buy one. Close by, and cheapest of all is the PowerKing of ill-fame. I suppose the mature thing to do would be to wait a little longer, and get one from Dax or someone. If anyone in my region has direct experience with PowerKing from Burnaby, I'd really appreciate it if you'd PM me with your impressions. I've read a number of posts which seem to end with someone right on the cusp of buying one, but no follow up. I am mechanically inclined, and do like to tinker, so Happy Times are for me. The rack mount was just so darn practical, I rode it 3500kms, and it still runs like a champ, but it doesn't have the panache now does it? I am after-all not commuting anymore, but having fun. Oops, looks like I have been going on and on.

hello

welcome to MBc! perhaps you saw my old thread on the powerking from burnaby, i say learn on this one as your gateway engine as they are all problematic as i am sure you have read...i sent my powerking back and they fully refunded me...i bought a thatsdax and also have a ch80 now as well...rode it all day today, nothin fell off! thats the good part..good luck on your build and do start a thread in picture gallery and let us see your build...happy motoring!

Hi Christopher. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the welcomes. I do think that I'll probably be better off waiting, and getting one from Dax it looks like. Afterall there really isn't that much difference in the price, and I do want to ride first, and tinker secondly, not the other way around. It just mean I have to have a little more patience that's all. Again, thanks for the welcome, I have been enjoying reading through the threads.

Back