yet one more one the road

1271_chopper_1.jpg

now it's time to add a 70cc Dax motor after I work it :eek:

locoWelder said:

hey loco, I need to know how set up a rear end like this, BUT, I want to use complete car wheels, not respoked... can this be done do you think?

Any info appreciated.

1271_046_1.jpg

are you looking for something like this with pillow block bearings and gokart hubs?

locoWelder said:
are you looking for something like this with pillow block bearings and gokart hubs?[/quote]

?

What I was thinking was using two car axles shortened and welded together to allow me to use the existing bolt pattern to mount my wheels up.

Do you think this would be too heavy?

I'd purely be using it to give my boys a ride and to the park and back.

yes they would be way too heavy,now you can build this for like 300.00 if you dont have most of the parts.....
1271_153tn_1.jpg

I've built 7 or 8 of them in the past and they hold up very well, the snowbird's here love them for going around the trailerparks and to the store.

but this is as close to what you want that I know of, but I did not build it
1271_100_2826_1.jpg

this thread makes me want to get a welding machine and move to a scrapyard.

DUDE!!! that things sick, nice job loco!!

you should make that thing a dragster! get a 600cc triple out of a snowmobile with a wheely bar, that would be sick!

jon

locoWelder said:
the snowbird's here love them for going around the trailerparks and to the store.

Hey loco, a little off topic but what is a snowbird? we don't use that term here in OZ. :???: :D
Thanks mate!

Wishlist:
1. go to tech collage and learn how to use MIG/TIG.
2. Buy a welder.

locoWelder said:
but this is as close to what you want that I know of, but I did not build it
1271_100_2826_1.jpg

WOW!!! 8)

That's the one..... any more pics/links to that thing?

I'm waiting on some pics/info on the rear axle assembly on this, ebay #200131026738.... just in case I want to motor it ;)

a snowbird is a seasonal resident or tourist...and since i can't think of anything else nice to say about 'em, i'll shut up :p

btw-imo, that chrome trike needs full skirts & a partial nacelle...old-school bonneville all the way :devilish: 8)

Back