Yo. How do I remove this chainring ????*** ASAP

bike4life

Local time
12:38 AM
I can cut it off from the crank arm but that would harm it. Seems to be a pressfit. I drilled out the rivets on the other chain rings but this rivet/press thing is too crazy. IDK what to do, HEEEELP The chain ring needs to be intact.

Attachments

• 7BB6925A-18B5-43EB-927E-0BF61358A6AC.jpeg
    7BB6925A-18B5-43EB-927E-0BF61358A6AC.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Im not sure have you searched google? maybe you arent meant to be able to take it out on that crank arm?

I have, but couldnt find much. I dont know what connection that is but i am probably going to grind off that little star thing and if that doesnt work, buy a hole saw kit and drill it out. Only problem is a hole saw needs a guide so i will put a dowel in the hole for it to grab on to. This is for my diy shift kit thing as i am too cheap to buy new crank arms and just am going to weld a fixture for the freewheel to attach onto the crank arm.

The ring in the middle needs to be ground off. You won't be able to mount a sprocket on that crank.

That is because it is not meant to be removed. How would you reattach it while assuring it is straight and true?

Just buy the proper chain ring for your crank setup and not worry about jerry rigging it.

Back