yo new

seth martin

Local time
6:12 PM
hey everyone my name is seth and i have just been introduced to this whole motorized bike thing as kid like any other i always thiught itd be cool to strap a weed eater motor to bike or scooter but was never successful....now i have a cheap walmart beach cruiser and i have about $650 to spend. i dont know if i should get a kit and put it on the bike i have or buy i pre mdae one i know absolutly nothing about the motors or this whole scene im sure there are people that put alot into this so thats why i came here is it a pretty easy thing to learn i know nothing about 2 strokes anyways thanks for any answers i get:cool:

Welcome Seth. I think, the learning, and the fun, are in the building. A simple china 2 stroke kit is cheap and fun. There's plenty of tinkering you will be required to do. The rackmounts and four-stroke kits are probably more reliable but the Happy Time Super Fun engines are great to start with. In any event, read, read, read this forum and take your time deciding.

Your mileage may vary. :D

Thanks....im thinking about gettin one of the bike from the spooky tooth site just because its my 1st bike and i want it to be ready to go (par. assembly) so i ca learn from there and then maybe build one

Yep, I'm in Fairhope. Have you seen any motored bikes in Pcola? We have a place at the Regency and I'd love to ride at the beach but I'm not sure what the sheriff's attitude will be.

no none at all...kinda to spread out...but i live right at the foot of the 3 mile bridge so the beach is one of the main reasons im gettin it and im sure te sheriff is cool with it out there all they look for is fighting and really dumb drunk ppl...some of my freinds have go peds and scooters and they could care less about those some are not registered when they should be they really dont care out there....what are some main things i need to know before getting one like things i should know i will need to replace will all parts be avalible at small engine repair shops i just dont want to get one and i work for a week and break like i said i know most break in rules and not to ride full throttle all the time but im very new to this and dont want to get in over my head

They are very small motors so there cant be that much to them i mean if something goes wrong is troubleshooting a pretty easy thing to do and is fixing these bikes a realativly easy thing to do? :confused:......i am very interested in these and want to get in to it but im not a mechanic

seth, if you're interested in the chinese frame-mount ie: the Happy-Time engine...get on down to the "frame-mount" forum and read read read...you'll be an expert before you know it :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

Thanks alot! im pretty sure that i am gonna get the "Violation" from spooky tooth cycles and get it par. assembled that way i can put the main things togeter and get a feel of everything and im pretty sure the motor comes ready to go ...will the mixture instuctions come with the bike and is any particulay oil that is better than others and acually make a diff and what about fuel oct.? thanks guys!!!!:D

Back