You have heard of the Lynx effect - but what about the Motorized Bicycle effect?

Fabian

Local time
9:29 PM
This bunch (of cyclists) was so enthusiastic about my motorized bicycle and trailer that they all wanted to get a group photo with the bike. Needless to say that we exchanged numbers and email addresses as they wanted to know everything about the bike and my journeys:

I find it amazing how many people are captured by the "motorized bicycle" effect, but this group was seriously enthusiastic over the concept - they wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

I have had people stop and ask questions about my motor bike, but the never wanted to take a pic with me.
Some members have so many people stopping them to ask questions that they carry cards the size of business cards
with frequently asked questions to hand out.

Maybe i should get business cards made, so i can hand them out to the women who smile with beaming radiance when i approach (i wish i could say that it was me, but the reality is that it's the bike being the conversation starter), because it would short cut the small talk; before getting their phone number and engaging in other recreational activities.

For whatever reason a motorized bicycle significantly improves your social life with the opposite gender; almost a different social life on a different day during summer weather; proving to be a bonanza at times.

I had the exact same experience riding around on an Ural. Women love weird bikes I guess.

Back