you know what would be cool

W

wayde

I think it's be cool if we had MotoredBikes.com calenders with a pic of a different bike for every bike for every month with a short bio of the owner of each bike, i'd pay for a couple and so there's no fights on which bikes to use, we could hold a contest and only use people who choose to enter, every one votes for the twelve bikes or thirteen if were gonna add the last month of the year. Hopefully people who would enter wouldn't mind giving a short bio. We charge enough to cover the costs of making them, then maybe donate the rest to a reputable charity or to an organization that researches head injuries, then we're all making our mark and making ourselves even more acceptable to the general public. I can find out how to do this but it'll take com research unless Tom knows someone (maybe the place that makes the stickers)

Please tell me your thoughts on this

Last edited by a moderator:
You know.... Calenders like that would draw ALOT of attention to our MB world and could bring many many visitors here to find out how to get in!

I dream one day of a monthly magazine. The calendar idea is pretty boss though.

I like that idea, quite a lot. As yet, I have no pics to contribute, but hope to have by years end.

LF's idea of a monthly magazine is good as well - I can see it starting as a monthly or bi-monthly e-zine. Perhaps some of our experienced and articulate members might be interested in doing a regular or semi-regular column - e.g., Sianelle could do Tip Rattling, with contributions from Alaskavan, on the virtues of recycling dumped/abandoned machines/components. Maybe an occasional article on interesting builds of customized rides, or travelogue type stories about road trips, etc.

Can you see an ongoing travelogue series from Jemma, documenting her USA adventure which is in the planning stages now? Tech tip articles documenting things like LF's shade tree inventiveness? Or Augidog might do a series on his lifetime's worth of experience with motored biking, for another example. Whatever anyone might want to contribute, really.

I'm no editor, that's for sure, but I do some copy proofing/first reader/continuity type things for a couple of published authors I know, and I have a LOT of technical writing experience in years past. I also have a LOT of free time (all of it, actually), and I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can with such an endeavor.

Back