you meet the stupidest people on an MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

crassius

Local time
12:15 AM
test riding one today - stopped at red light - I'm in bike lane, motorcycle is in next lane - green light, we go, half a block later, he's not a whole length ahead of me - he turns right into a driveway - realizes I'm there, I skid both tires, he falls down - I just left <SIGH>

My problem around here is more the clueless bicycle riders. I almost splattered one few weeks ago. I'm heading to work in the morning I'm cruising along at 40 mph in my truck this one stop sign in this subdivision has a large F250 diesel dually sitting at the stop sign waiting a bicycle rider just darts out from the other side of the truck without stopping or slowing down I nearly ran him over. He quickly gets over in the left lane but then moves over into the right lane infront of me after Ive already started accelerating again.

I don't know how many I see stop at a stop light and then go the moment its clear not realizing they are breaking the law. Ive then seen those that just don't even stop at stop signs the smarter ones tend to at least slow down to check but Ive never seen a bicycle rider since I was riding a bike in my younger years actually stop at a stop sign here.

A tour bus was the first vehicle waiting at the light to make a right turn.
The driver was not making a wide turn, so he was maybe 24" from the curb.
A bicycle rider pulls onto the right side of the bus.....in his "blind spot", between bus and curb.
The light turns green, the bus turns right.....
the bicyclist proceeds forward,
killing the bicyclist.
Sad but true.
It happened two blocks from my jobsite.

I had a tour bus from that same company encroach into my bike lane.
He was maybe 24" into the bike lane and stopped in traffic.
As I passed the bus in the bike lane on my pedal bicycle,
I pounded the heck on the bus, all along its lengthy side.
The passengers and the driver got the hint.
I kept pedaling without looking back.:)
This was a block from my workplace.

Last edited:
well, I certainly didn't expect that from a motorcycle rider

I had a tour bus from that same company encroach into my bike lane.
I love the word encroach, we use encroachment here in the house for many things, desk space, counter space, you get the idea but we have a ball with the word ;-}

I love the word encroach, we use encroachment here in the house for many things, desk space, counter space, you get the idea but we have a ball with the word ;-}
It used to be an "offside" penalty in football.
Now it's encroachment.:)

Here in san diego i have alot of problems with guys on roadbikes, i always try to respect them and pass or go by them slowly and quietly so im not being an as***le. But they always act like ive just absolutely ruined their day. A few weeks back a group of about 10 or so seemed to purposly run me off the road.

Here in san diego i have alot of problems with guys on roadbikes, i always try to respect them and pass or go by them slowly and quietly so im not being an as***le. But they always act like ive just absolutely ruined their day. A few weeks back a group of about 10 or so seemed to purposly run me off the road.

Be very careful riding near groups of resentful bicycle riders.

"Pack mentality" deranges even law-abiding citizens.

They may try to hurt you, then swear on a stack of Bibles that
you instigated the situation.

Be very careful riding near groups of resentful bicycle riders.

"Pack mentality" deranges even law-abiding citizens.

They may try to hurt you, then swear on a stack of Bibles that
you instigated the situation.

Yeah that pretty much sums up what happens when i go for a ride. But what i still dont understand is why are they so resentful?

There are some bicyclists, especially sports-garbed ones ones in fantastic shape with excellent riding skills and high-dollar/high-tech/high-speed machines.
They cannot stand the thought of an out-of-shape, casually-dressed "outsider" with a low-cost, "off the rack" (motorized) bike can keep up or outrun them with little or no effort.

"That's not fair!" is their war cry.

They may try to block your path or run you over, like in junior high.

The best way to behave is not to play with them.
Take a different route.
If you can't do that, give them an hour's lead.
They'll think they'd won, which is a good feeling for them.

I was challenged by a teenage punk on a souped-up moped who blew past me on a moderate hill.
I was also challenged by a 12yo on a cheap goped in a bad neighborhood.

Now I take different routes.

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back