You NEED glasses

I have a pair of slightly wrap-around sunglasses I picked-up at WalMart, which more than do the job.

the Brain-Bucket is a standard Bell bike rider's helmet, so I'm probably breaking a few safety rules.. I have a DOT classified helmet for the "Real" moped (A 1999 TOMOS Targa), but the foam inside is totally deteriorated.

The Wally Sunglasses aren't expensive.. $5.00 +/-, Amber lenses.. Look more like a pair of hunting sunglasses..

Stephen

I wear prescription too. I'm tempted to fork out the money for some wrap arounds. When it was cold, i wore motocross goggles over my regular glasses to keep my eyes from watering so bad. I managed to have a dragonfly collide with my cheek. That smarted pretty good.

Full face helmet with shield!
I had a bee leave a giant splat mark on my visor right in path with my eye yesterday.

Full face helmet with shield!
I had a bee leave a giant splat mark on my visor right in path with my eye yesterday.

LOL!:LOL: I've seen the same.. A huge moth, right as I'm coming down a hill,
nose-1st right into the shield. After I came to a screeching halt, I took the helmet off, and laughed, thinking of the old joke, and lamenting "Well I'll be ****ed! It really IS the last thing to go through a bug's mind!"

(crickets chirping)

Sheesh! Tough crowd!

Actually, when that sucker hit, I almost had a feeling it went through the other end of me too, Hence the screeching stop!

Wish I could find it.. Some website, had a photo of a guy smiling, with serious bugs in the teeth! That would pretty much cover this subject. Even had a co-worker on a regular bike, called out sick this morning, and when he got in later at noon, said he was riding his 21-speed (no motor), and some bug actually flew into his mouth.. so quick, he couldn't spit it out. (YUCK! :sick:) Hey, it could happen to anyone.. (but it drove him nuts, with me doing frog imitations any time he was around.)

Wraparound landscapers glasses. Harbor freight, about $4.00. I'll spring for the $8.00 walmarts when I have to.

I didn't quite get the joke about the last thing that goes through a bug's mind, but it reminded me of something else; you'll see "trust Jesus" painted on highway bridge abutments everywhere. I've always pictured some poor guy falling asleep at the wheel. He wakes up just before hitting the abutment and this is the last message he receives from anyone on Earth. Do you suppose this is what the people who paint these things have in mind?

sorry for going a bit off-topic, but it seems to fit, sort of. :)

I wear cheap knock off sunglass, or if its overcast I wear clear safty glasses. I started doing it years ago when I was pedaling. Just today on the way home from work on my motored bike I hit a bug right in the center of my left lense that I was sure was going to be splattered it sounded like it hit so hard. That would have really hurt!

Pete

Back