Youngbirds Black Bike....

Here we are at last with some progress to show/report. This is a Cranbrook frame from the ground up. The rear section is leaving later today in exchange for a more traditional "hardtail" replacement. The color will remain "hotrod black" except maybe the 1 gal. tank. It may be doctored a bit. The tires are 3x26 Kenda Flames. In the front is a HUSKY 2.25x26 with a S/A drum brake and out back will be a 2.25x26 S/A 3sp 165mm wide from Firebelly Cycles (thanks Evan). It will be powered by a Honda GXH50 and a Comet TAV2 convertor. Im starting the hardtail tonight....wish me luck.

Attachments

• blkbikeside1.jpg
    blkbikeside1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 521
  • headon1.jpg
    headon1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 299
  • headset1.jpg
    headset1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 320
comet tav 2 ? how are you going to run this on the honda motor? did you find a driver for the 5/8 shaft? If you did, let me know, I would like to use the same setup, but can only find 3/4 drivers .

thanks,
Mike

I spoke with the tec. eps at Hofco/Comet and asked zthe same question. Their response was to sleeve the 5/8 crank output up to 3/4 and bobs your uncle....the 3/4 driver will do it from there. They did recommend a steel sleeve for the crank. They cost about 72 cents each from the gocart suppliers. GoodLuck!

looking good

Your bike is looking clean and good like the front end too.And the front tire wheel is nice
I thought about using one on my bike but not sure just yet.:devilish:

That wheel from HUSKY is a steal at $74.00. HD rim with the 11g spokes and the drum all laced and ready to go. I will surely keep using them.

Yeah, it's a nice brake too! Wish I could match that front wheel price! Lookin Good Youngbird!

Back