Your MB vs insane gas prices

ok the fuel in england is currently at £1.35 a litre so by convertion from memeory its 4.5 litre to a gallon. so 5 litres of petrol in english money is £6.75 so the current exchange rate £ for $ is about $2 per £1 so a gallon here costs $13.50 if im correct. so even running an mb is a joke over here.

im moving to america....

I hear ya. I am right over from ya in France and the gas prices are insane + I am always looking over my shoulder for the police, because these little engines are illegal here. I miss the States :(

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ no offense just saying lol, within a month of riding your mb with a total of $154, wouldnt it be most likely with the miles traveled on the that china motor would be in need of a change by the end of the month? lol, so the $154 would be spent on a new motor so in the end, it kinda breaks even? haha! just saying :D

No offense taken...

Sorry to tell you I have an EHO35 with 500+ miles on it without a single issue!

I ummmmmmmmm... play with the big boys!

I have a 1985 Honda Elite 1500cc scooter I bought for $350. My good friend Hawaii fixed it for me, so I'll be using that as well as my MB's to cruise and commute.

Dude, you have a Honda scooter with a 1.5 liter engine?
That engine about the same as what is in my car! (1.6 liter).

Sure you don't have an extra 0 in there somewhere? :)

The missus and I have parked the car and gone to just using electric bikes for all our travels.
Work being fairly nearby her about 6 miles round trip and me being 12 it isnt to hard to do. Also the climate where we live is a plus--central arkansas where we had a total of 4 snows last year.
The city we live in is fairly small also so that really wasnt a factor.
I havent sat down and tried to figure out the saving but we still average better then a couple hundred miles a month on our bikes each and not having to buy gas insurance license ect I am sure it adds up to a nice sum in the long run.

The missus and I have parked the car and gone to just using electric bikes for all our travels.
Work being fairly nearby her about 6 miles round trip and me being 12 it isnt to hard to do. Also the climate where we live is a plus--central arkansas where we had a total of 4 snows last year.
The city we live in is fairly small also so that really wasnt a factor.
I havent sat down and tried to figure out the saving but we still average better then a couple hundred miles a month on our bikes each and not having to buy gas insurance license ect I am sure it adds up to a nice sum in the long run.

In the long run, that savings will be help in financing your retirement.:unsure:

Good job!

Dude, you have a Honda scooter with a 1.5 liter engine?
That engine about the same as what is in my car! (1.6 liter).

Sure you don't have an extra 0 in there somewhere? :)

i had a 1985 honda elite myself, they came in 125cc and 150. then they discontinued the 125, which was my ride.

back on topic though, i work at a gas station and we just hit 3.75 yesterday, and my MB is my daily driver, and has been for a while. the regular customers get a kick out of it, and i get to laugh about high gas prices. honestly as long as its cheaper than milk, i'll still be amazed, think how much work goes into oil vs milk.

i had a 1985 honda elite myself, they came in 125cc and 150. then they discontinued the 125, which was my ride.

back on topic though, i work at a gas station and we just hit 3.75 yesterday, and my MB is my daily driver, and has been for a while. the regular customers get a kick out of it, and i get to laugh about high gas prices. honestly as long as its cheaper than milk, i'll still be amazed, think how much work goes into oil vs milk.

For a young guy, that's a VERY astute observation!:bowdown:

You did good!:D

I ride my 66cc Beachcruiser 5 miles to work 4 days a week. (rural backroads, w/little traffic)

My Jeep gets 15 mpg's and gas is pushing $4.00/gal, so that means it costs me about $3.00 a day in gas if I take the 4X4.

If the Beachcruiser gets 150mpg, I'm cutting the price from 3 bucks a day down to about a quarter.

Why NOT ride the Schwinn?

Happy rider here.

Back