Yoyoyo.... back in da game! Need suggestions for carb setup

Potato_In_Exhaust

Local time
10:32 AM
Alright boys and girls, I just recently purchased a non-running motorized bike that came with the cylinder with a block setup with the included fat reed system. Anyway, the previous owner did a funky setup where he used some pipe fittings to drop down the intake opening so he can use the standard NT carb. I want to get rid of it and use an oversize carburetor...... I looked on Ebay for ideas and from the block/reed setup listed for sale that looks similar to mine, it says the setup is compatible with the VM24 carburetor? With that said, I also did research and even 21mm fits..... so I'm assuming the 21-28mm is based on the inner diameter opening of the intake rather than the outside (which I believe is 35mm or so)? In which case, I suppose I have a few options concerning which carb to choose. My question is, should I just go for the VM24 carburetor or do I go for one of them OKO something something 21mm? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

A bigger carb doesn't help much without a better exhaust. A VM24 would be a good carb to use on your bike.

Got a picture of the engine?

A bigger carb doesn't help much without a better exhaust. A VM24 would be a good carb to use on your bike.

Got a picture of the engine?
Are the VM24 good reliable carbs, easy to tune? Do I need to buy jets to go along with it or will the included jets work with this carb? I'm kinda iffy on this carb since it seems to be a lot cheaper than the PWK OKO or whatever. As far as exhaust go, it's got the standard exhaust with the tip unscrewed off.... I do plan to get one of them Ebay special pipes, the ones that cost around $45-$50 or so.

Any carb you get will need to be set up, and with the reed it's going to be a lot of trial and error and a big handful of jets.

Any carb you get will need to be set up, and with the reed it's going to be a lot of trial and error and a big handful of jets.
You're scaring me, dude. I need it to be plug n' play! What carb has been tried and true and will give me less headache? The OKO 21mm? Seems like everyone and their grandmommas are running those.

You're scaring me, dude. I need it to be plug n' play! What carb has been tried and true and will give me less headache? The OKO 21mm? Seems like everyone and their grandmommas are running those.
These little toys are somewhat hands on, you need a bit of mechanical skills or willing to learn. Show us picture of your engine and this whole community will help you get it going.

This little hobby/sport of ours is very rarely a plug-n-play adventure as Chainlube has just alluded to in his last post...lol...DAMIEN

When people ask me "where did you get it" or "Can you make me one?" -- My answer is "I work on my bike as much as I ride it. It isn't reliable transportation. It is a hobby."

You want easy, you want saw carb.

They give good performance, cheap, and easy to tune. No jets needed.

Back