yyyello

jedley

Local time
1:56 PM
I'm Jed from Milan, Italy by way of Massachusetts.
I'm here largely because I know bamabikeguy through his witty/perspicacious/outside-the-box comments at DKos and because the life I'm gonna build when I finally get back home (circa 5 years) involves MBs as the preferred mode of transport.
So I'll just be freeloading for a while -- reading and collecting info -- before I actually start building and have anything concrete to offer, so I ask your forbearance in advance.
Cheers to all.
Jedley

Welcome to MBC.

I suppose you'll learn all you need about motor assisted bicycles by driving Fiats.
There's not much difference.

Finally, I'm Almost There.

(Now I'll apologize; I don't really hate Fiats that much. I just couldn't pass up this opportunity)

Welcome J !

I know there are some MB bers from Italy, but the "search" on location part doesn't work (for me anyway).

Enjoy the pictures.

if you scrounge around a bit, you are likely to find caches of motor bike engines. a while back there were a great no. on the road.

I always preferred Alpha Romeos to Fiats - they seemed to be a teensy bit peppier - sort of like comparing a quarter horse/morgan cross to an appaloosa/tennessee walker cross. Ain't neither one a thoroughbred, but the 2nd horse has longer legs, and a smoother gait.

That said, I gotta tell you - I'd a whole lot rather be in Milano than Massachusetts. Welcome aboard.

Thanks folks

stude - you're right, when i got here 15 years ago there were quite a few motorized bikes around. In fact, Piaggio's 'Ciao' model was essentially just that, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_Ciao

Simon - Alfas are actually pretty slick cars, totally different league with respect to Fiat (even though Fiat owns Alfa). The best-looking mid-size family car on the planet has gotta be the Alfa 147 - in fact, Toyota and Audi have copied the **** out of it.

Cheers

Back