Z4c cross referrence????

I went and did some digging and comparing,...and I can tell you that the "z4c" Chinese plug is totally identical to an NGK b8hs. the ONLY difference is that the ngk b8hs is about 1mm longer,..the extra 1mm protrudes into the combustion chamber.

so I can tell you fairly confidently that the Z4C is equal to an "8" on the NGK heat range scale,... which is fairly cool.

--I think the Chinese know that these engines are frail,..and include a cooler plug so your engine lasts longer. my engine has the one-piece jug/head config,...and the b8hs's extra 1mm is deal breaker (for me)---so since I prefer a "8" (ngk b8hs) -but cant use my b8hs,...the shorter Z4C is the plug for me. I just keep a few extras around in case.

side note on spark plugs in general---the Chinese plugs don't wear out/break/fail extra fast like some ppl claim. they perform just fine,..and for just as long. if youre blowing though spark plugs,...youre doing something wrong. the Z4C should last just as long as a champion plug would,....which is probably wayyyyy past the service life of the motor itself.

some ppl swear to god that NGK makes their engines run better,...I didn't notice any difference at all,..platinum,..non-platinum,....etc. I personally think theyre being placebo effected into thinking its working better.

---metal is metal and platinum's only benefit in a spark plug is that the electrode doesn't "erode" like a typical plug. ----that's ALL it does. the spark itself is no longer,...or any more powerful.

and if it WAS more powerful,.. you certainly would not notice that your 2.00014 hp motor is now generating 2.00015 hp.

hype,...hype,.....hype.

somebody will be along shortly to jump up and down swearing that NGK makes a 66cc CG run better.
I don't know about this particular "Z4C" plug, but I've gotten some of those cheap Chinese plugs that just wouldn't work. But it seems that more than one company uses the same numbers. After some frustration with a number of ugs, mostly that I more or less got free when buying other stuff, I just started tossing them. I can't honestly say that I've given many of them a chance. I'm not into frustration. Those fancy "E" plugs with the double prong, too. I toss them if I see them. Nothing seems to run well with them. I also avoid Champion. Probably one in thirty or forty is defective. It'll drive you nuts. If they're good, they're good, I'll leave them in a motor, but you get that one brand new plug that fires, but won't start anything, you won't forget. Incidentally, I've come across several almost new blowers and weedeaters that have a tiny plug in them that just seems not hot enough to start them. Good looking white spark, but they just won't fire up. I put a Bosch WS8F 7546 in them, which I use for most weedeaters, blowers, and chainsaws, and they run fine. I've always found those to be the best all around plug for 2 cycle lawn equipment. Anyway, back to the Chinese plugs, I don't think every "Z4C" or any other number is necessarily made by the same manufacturer. Either China has a standard number system that many companies use, or they make fakes of their own stuff as much as they do ours.

My "z4c" plugs porcelain was like a quarter inch out of round lol. Looked funny but did work. A plugs heat range has nothing to do with starting a cold engine. It's how hot the electrode gets during operation. Your coil controls cold spark power.

I don't know about this particular "Z4C" plug
What i can tell you is this...NGK-B6HS is the plug to use in place of Z4C or Z8C Chinese POS spark plugs...ive done this for almost 10 years now and this is what my clean burning plug looks like right now...Absolutely perfect burn...DAMIEN

DSCN0177.JPG

Back