Zeda 100 "Max"

ImpulseRocket

Staff member
Local time
11:04 PM
Finally, somebody came out with what looks to be a 2 PC "100"(yd100 base) engine that has the standard flanges to accept all the normal bolt on goodies, but has the ability to seal unlike the cdh 100cc 2 PC engine.

It even comes with the improved cdi and the 415hd chain.

Not sure if I wouldn't just spend the extra 30 to 40 bucks on the Phantom, to be honest, but heck, it's a nice option.

This is a very exciting and promising engine for me. I definitely have high hopes for it. Unfortunately I don't have the money for it right now, but definitely looking to buy one in the future. I am wishing someone can come forward and buy and review this engine. Or any further information on it would be appreciated. I do know it has a dual spark cnc head with a dual cdi as an option when buying it. I imagine it would have better cooling. However, the stock head appears to have pretty large cooling fins, which is a plus.
I imagine it has a yd100 as the base but I can't be sure. The only apparent downside is it's currently listed as $250 on bicycle-engines.com.

Of course you would Rocket, just like I did, and we would both do it again...lol...And right now I can say truthfully that I am so glad I did...You and I both know the power of the P-85...lol.
Yeah, but this engine is appealing for somebody that may not want the extra oomph of the Phantom. Or deal with it's more hot blooded nature. The price is honestly the only thing I find wrong with this thing, but I also understand why the price is what it is. I think if they could shave another 20 to 30 dollars off it, then it would really have the right appeal.

Yeah, but this engine is appealing for somebody that may not want the extra oomph of the Phantom. Or deal with it's more hot blooded nature. The price is honestly the only thing I find wrong with this thing, but I also understand why the price is what it is. I think if they could shave anotherm20.to 30 dollars off it, then it would really have the right appeal.
Yes, the Phantom 85 is powerful, but it's not worth the reliability issues for the price. Yes, you can try and fix it, but the price would start to go up, and for some it's not worth the hassle. I can guarantee you many people would be much happier with a triple 40. Add an expansion chamber, port matched intake, carb, and a cnc head and your looking at around 4-5 hp. More than enough to have fun on a bike, especially with a 36t or 40t sprocket. But this new engine offers some promising performance for a stock kit, but is still a little pricey at $250.

This is a very exciting and promising engine for me. I definitely have high hopes for it. Unfortunately I don't have the money for it right now, but definitely looking to buy one in the future. I am wishing someone can come forward and buy and review this engine. Or any further information on it would be appreciated. I do know it has a dual spark cnc head with a dual cdi as an option when buying it. I imagine it would have better cooling. However, the stock head appears to have pretty large cooling fins, which is a plus.
I imagine it has a yd100 as the base but I can't be sure. The only apparent downside is it's currently listed as $250 on bicycle-engines.com.
It is yd100 based. The stock cylinder and head have decent surface area for cooling. I would personally save my money on the dual spark plug cdi setup and head. It's kind of pointless for a 50mm bore using a full size plug.

The $250 price tag is my one hangup. It does come with many of the upgraded components similar to the phantom 85 though, such as the 415hd chain and the improved cdi with yamaha sourced electronic components. Those definitely add value.

Still, for just a bit more money I can have a Phantom, which is now sorted out and reliable. Even my V2 is still strong and reliable. The power the Phantom delivers out of the box is something even this Zeda engine can only dream of with more parts and other work, something that will easily cost more than the price difference of the two motors.

Yes, the Phantom 85 is powerful, but it's not worth the reliability issues for the price. Yes, you can try and fix it, but the price would start to go up, and for some it's not worth the hassle. I can guarantee you many people would be much happier with a triple 40. Add an expansion chamber, port matched intake, carb, and a cnc head and your looking at around 4-5 hp. More than enough to have fun on a bike, especially with a 36t or 40t sprocket. But this new engine offers some promising performance for a stock kit, but is still a little pricey at $250.
The V3 fixed the last of the "issues." The Phantom had. Even the V2 is reliable if you managed to get a good cylinder without port alignment issues. Damien and I both have V2 versions running strong.

A Phantom is also easily pushing 5-6hp in stock form. It can haul my giant butt to 45mph no problem. It also makes more low and mid range torque than any G4 design based cylinder can dream of. With just a pipe they start slipping stock style clutches.

The Zeda 100 isn't going to achieve that without some work and other parts. It could do it though.

Really, the only weakness of the Phantom is that it does run hotter than other engines. Horsepower = heat. It isn't a crippling weakness, but ideally this engine needs about twice the fin surface area.

Really, the only weakness of the Phantom is that it does run hotter than other engines. Horsepower = heat. It isn't a crippling weakness, but ideally this engine needs about twice the fin surface area.
After my breakin was over with, I have not noticed my P-85 with any heat issues whatsoever, but that may be due to the fact that I have elected to keep my gas/oil mix at 20:1 rather than the lesser oil of 25:1 they recommend after breakin, plus I am running the full synthetic Amsoil dominator two stroke oil, all in all, I think that is pretty good heat preventative.

It is yd100 based. The stock cylinder and head have decent surface area for cooling. I would personally save my money on the dual spark plug cdi setup and head. It's kind of pointless for a 50mm bore using a full size plug.
I'm not sure why they even offer this option, they must be dirt cheap for them to get. I guess two china plugs equals one good plug. Race development has been the proving grounds for all kinds of engine mods and they don't use that :poop: in races.

After my breakin was over with, I have not noticed my P-85 with any heat issues whatsoever, but that may be due to the fact that I have elected to keep my gas/oil mix at 20:1 rather than the lesser oil of 25:1 they recommend after breakin, plus I am running the full synthetic Amsoil dominator two stroke oil, all in all, I think that is pretty good heat preventative.
I am speaking in relative terms when it comes to running temps. The Phantom doesn't find it difficult to run above 300 degrees when pushed hard. Admittedly, this is also from my own engine with a much tighter than stock squish gap and opended up intake port, so grain of salt.

Back