Zeda 100 "Max"

I'm not sure why they even offer this option, they must be dirt cheap for them to get. I guess two china plugs equals one good plug. Race development has been the proving grounds for all kinds of engine mods and they don't use that :poop: in races.
Dual plug heads were common in off-road endurance race bikes back in the day, but it was for redundancy instead of performance. Have one plug go bad, swap the lead to the other one.

I am speaking in relative terms when it comes to running temps. The Phantom doesn't find it difficult to run above 300 degrees when pushed hard. Admittedly, this is also from my own engine with a much tighter than stock squish gap and opended up intake port, so grain of salt.
Yep...I got my salt shaker...lol...Seriously though, I never really push mine hard, it's always only quarter throttle or less to just cruise and not quite half throttle going up hills, I never even have to full throttle at all...It goes quite fast enough for me the way i'm riding it and seldom hit 40 MPH...99% of the time i'm at 30 to 35 MPH...When I shut it off, it takes only 10 to 15 minutes and its cold again.

Yep...I got my salt shaker...lol...Seriously though, I never really push mine hard, it's always only quarter throttle or less to just cruise and not quite half throttle going up hills, I never even have to full throttle at all...It goes quite fast enough for me the way i'm riding it and seldom hit 40 MPH...99% of the time i'm at 30 to 35 MPH...When I shut it off, it takes only 10 to 15 minutes and its cold again.
That's why I specified, when pushed. Like when a huge man on a bike with a slightly too small rear sprocket has an urge to blast it at full throttle for fun. If I just putter around like you describe, it's never really an issue. It's at half throttle maybe 60 to 70% of my ride on average, and mostly due to living in a hilly area.

I still wouldn't buy a phantom. They say they fixed the problems, but they said that before too. How many people do you think have busted phantoms laying around?

I still wouldn't buy a phantom. They say they fixed the problems, but they said that before too.How many people do you think have busted phantoms laying around?
Not too many, they were covered by a six month, soup to nuts warranty and we made sure that our members knew it too...I myself also personally made sure to keep tabs on bicycle-engines.com to be sure members were being taken good care of during this time, which they were by the way, myself and @ImpulseRocket89 among them when we had some issues as well...ALL was covered under warranty with no problems.

Why do you think that a few of us started the various Phantom threads???...It wasn't just to bellyache about anything going wrong, It was documentation and comparing notes as B-E.com also would read these as well and compare with what people would be telling them when using their warranty...One of the many reasons they had a no nonsense approach and response to replacing motors and pleasing customers with their service...YOU really should read those threads Will, just so you can see for yourself that everyone that had a problem got prompt attention and replacements, myself included.

At least they are one outfit that stands behind the product and will make things right for their customers, your not gonna get too much of that elsewhere anymore.

I still wouldn't buy a phantom. They say they fixed the problems, but they said that before too. How many people do you think have busted phantoms laying around?
There are a couple hundred new members on the Phantom 85 Facebook group I help moderate with the V3. Zero people so far have reported any major failures of the engine. I took a risk buying my V2 knowing it had potential issues. I would buy a V3 right now with confidence. Any issues the Phantom has now are the same issues all the other 2 strokes have.

Even if it did have an issue, I will completely back up what Damien said about Bicycle-Engines and their warranty. In the world of companies that deal with these engines and parts, they are honestly the first one I have dealt with that actually impressed me with how they stand by their warranty and products. No questions asked other than a photo of the problem and they sent me out a new part immediately. My past experiences with other companies was to basically eat a turd sandwich and take an L.

Heck, look at Frizzle's engine. He had a bevel gear failure and they sent him an entirely new V3 engine to replace his V2. Most companies would have just told him "tough cookies" or just sent a new bevel gear.

After my breakin was over with, I have not noticed my P-85 with any heat issues whatsoever, but that may be due to the fact that I have elected to keep my gas/oil mix at 20:1 rather than the lesser oil of 25:1 they recommend after breakin, plus I am running the full synthetic Amsoil dominator two stroke oil, all in all, I think that is pretty good heat preventative.
Isnt a 20:1 pertty lean on the mixture. You have double the oil of a 40:1.

Isnt a 20:1 pertty lean on the mixture. You have double the oil of a 40:1.
Is this "new Math" coming back again???...lol...lol.

20:1 mix is 6.4 ounces of oil...40:1 mix is 3.2 ounces of oil...Where do you get that 20:1 is leaner on oil than 40:1???...lol....You have double the oil at 20:1...NOT at 40:1...lol.

Back