Zeda 80 engine mount -rubber cushion

Joast

Local time
2:56 PM
I am mounting a Zeda 80 kit on an old steel road bike. The engine mount kit has 2 rubber gasket things for between the engine mount and frame. See Pic.
It looks like they are optional from the instructions.
I would like to use the front mount cushion to level the engine up to get a little more pedal clearance. The back mount seems to work OK without needing the rubber.
Is it ok to use the rubber cushion on the front mount or should it also be mounted directly against the metal tube? thanks, John

Attachments

• cushion.jpg
    cushion.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 97
  • enginemount2.jpg
    enginemount2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 84
  • enginemount1.jpg
    enginemount1.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 88
It's best to mount the motor solid to the frame without the rubber, but I'm new to this but I almost used the rubbers for the same thing . They're for the gas tank.

I am mounting a Zeda 80 kit on an old steel road bike. The engine mount kit has 2 rubber gasket things for between the engine mount and frame. See Pic.
I would like to use the front mount cushion to level the engine up to get a little more pedal clearance. The back mount seems to work OK without needing the rubber.
Is it ok to use the rubber cushion on the front mount or should it also be mounted directly against the metal tube? thanks, John
I would stay away from rubber in between your engine mounts & frame. They will cause more hassle than they are worth. I've found that some 9-10 ounce veg tan leather works real good. But it's your bike & your own call.

Did your kit come with an alternate mounting plate? Flat steel piece with 4 holes in it. If you go to local parts store or muffler shop you can get a muffler clamp for a couple of bucks. They are perfect for jacking up the front or back or both ends of the engine for clearance issues. Kind of like this, but my frame needed a bunch of extra height to the mount.
full

Did your kit come with an alternate mounting plate? Flat steel piece with 4 holes in it. If you go to local parts store or muffler shop you can get a muffler clamp for a couple of bucks. They are perfect for jacking up the front or back or both ends of the engine for clearance issues. Kind of like this, but my frame needed a bunch of extra height to the mount.
full
yeah it has that flat plate and bolts but not the welded part in the picture that goes on the frame.
I think I can get the side clearance with a little more grinding on the back of the pedal crank arm. It is real close. Thanks John

yeah it has that flat plate and bolts but not the welded part in the picture that goes on the frame.
I think I can get the side clearance with a little more grinding on the back of the pedal crank arm. It is real close. Thanks John
My mount is a custom built mount because of my huge frame, you won't get the piece in the middle, I made that.
A muffler clamp, probably a 1.5" one will work, you will have to elongate the hole in the plate. It lifts the front a good bit higher than stock.

Back