Zeda 80 Kit Options: Heads and sprocket size.

Ordered. 36 tooth it is. Nice to know they do have customer service that answers phone calls (in English) and a 6 month engine kit warranty,
Just went with the stock head for the time being.
Thanks for the advice! John
Those heads will need some love to work right, you're better off with the stock head.

Thanks for the help! The wheel/ tire circumference would need to factor in--I also have some 700 rims but they are about the same size as the 27" if memory serves.
I called Bicycle-Engines.com and they do not carry just the sprocket in 40 tooth--she said only a 36, 44 or 48 as Damien1307 notes.
I probably used the wrong word in "tall", but I am interested more in a cruising gear (lower rpm-less teeth) as opposed
to the larger rear sprocket option. I just saw 40 tooth sprockets online somewhere else--haven't looked for a 38 tooth yet.
link: https://www.amazon.com/Flying-Horse-Motorized-Bicycle-Sprocket/dp/B00KWLLG6O?th=1
Thanks again. John
700mm tires are around 27 9/16"; a 27.5" tire is 27 1/2". So the metric tire is 1/16" larger in diameter.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
MWell there ya go. My experience with an "80" engine was just a run of the mill triple 40. I could get 35mph, but it took everything I had.

As far as the 36 tooth, my suggestion was based on his bike being a 27" wheel with gravel/off road tires which is a little bit larger than your standard 26. Much like my 700x45 setup, which with a 40 tooth rear is geared the same as a 26 inch setup on a 36 tooth.
Math wise a 38t on a 27.5" tire would get you the same results as a 36t on 26" tire.

There seems to be a fairly aggressive gearing variance between the 44 tooth and the 36 tooth (20% +/-)
I will have to see what rims and tire size to use first.
My preference would be to use a 40 tooth, and I may still order one elsewhere.
This is just going to be my winter project, so I am in no great rush..
Thanks for all the info. John

There seems to be a fairly aggressive gearing variance between the 44 tooth and the 36 tooth (20% +/-)
That is why I wish they had a couple more options with these kits. I think a 40 tooth at a minimum would be a great option for people with larger wheels.

My wheels are listed as Araya 27" by 1.25" road bike wheels on a 1983 or 84 lugged steel Centurion Sport DLX.
I will be limited to a fairly small tire compared to the Mountain bike wheels. John

I guess I could build one as a winter project too. That's if winter was just an afternoon long. That includes a couple custom mounting brackets.

Back