Zeda comparison?

Not sure how it makes no sense?

If you have a windowed piston than the engine is not going to run without an intake reed.

You don't need a windowed piston to make a reed run at peak... doesn't matter if it's a case reed or intake reed, it only matters if you know WTF you're doing when you port it so you can port it accordingly.

I think you need to read more carefully and assume less!

As for the reeds being crap comment, I'll agree. The only one I've ever found to be worth a damn is the CDH OZ reed. I use one with a 21mm stub and a Dellorto SHA16.16, and my buddy has one with a 18mm stub and a Dellorto SHA15.15... both builds have been peak tested at over 55mph
It makes no sense because for one a windowed piston will still run even in a piston port setup as you say if you know wtf your doing! And a non windowed piston will run like s**t (very lean) with an intake reed, the only way to get around the window being needed is to have boost port (or port's) or a trench and since these don't have boost ports the trench is the only option, though the trench will eat rings and pistons quickly. Dude I've been doing over 50 with these engines for twenty years this coming spring (March) and 53 with a stock setup, over 70 with my modified piston port setup, porting is not just hogging out or widening a port it's about knowing what timings work with what setups and why! As I said there are three setups that use three different timings/durations and if you think that there is no difference between them FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE than maybe you need more experience.

You just explained exactly what I was referring to, so its pretty clear you just like to be difficult and have the last word.

Im going to correct you here...A window piston and no reed won't run at all, if by some odd error it does it does it won't off idle.
An intake reed without A. a windowed piston, or B. Proper porting... will run, but not very well with only minor improvements to only throttle response and bottom end (just off idle) power.

A non window piston, with an intake reed, ported right will rip harder than just about anything with a windowed piston and outlast it as well.

Quite frankly I don't care how many you've built or for how many years... I mean by your standard of logic them engines wouldn't need anything because China would be smart enough to do it right in the first place.
Dude you have no clue! You don't care about my decades of experience and yet we are to take your experience as what?
You are not correcting me because you don't know from EXPERIENCE half of what's needed to understand what your talking about!
Where is your 50+ mph bike show us all how wrong we are then! I haven't seen anything from your replies that would lead us to believe anything other than you like to through your 2 cents in whether it's right or wrong!

Back