Zeda dio reed idles at max rpm..help!

Hello Moto!

Local time
2:28 PM
So I finally got my zeda dio reed engine installed and got it started. I have a pull start btw. When this thing kicks off it immediately goes into hyper drive idling at max rpm. Idle screw has no effect at all and opening the throttle has no effect because it's like it's already wide open. It screams man lol. I'm almost certain I don't have an air leak anywhere and I'm sure the throttle cable is installed properly. I don't know what to do it just won't come down and idle properly no matter what I do. What the hell is going on with this thing? Lol

Ok I feel like a dumb dumb. It was the throttle cable. It was just too short to allow the slide to rest all the way down. I'll post some pics. I had to remove a little of the cable housing to allow more cable length. So that worked but now I have a different issue.

When I start it it will idle only for a couple seconds then die. If I choke it it will run longer but either way if I get on the throttle in neutral it will rev really high and slowly come down. It won't return to an idle it will just putter out. Could it be the air mixture screw in the wrong setting? I'm happy I got the crazy revving out of control fix but what the hells goin on now? Lol. I'm at a loss plus it's late and I need sleep.

Attachments

• 0426190147_HDR.jpg
    0426190147_HDR.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 0426190204_HDR.jpg
    0426190204_HDR.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 196
I made a video of my current issue. Please follow the link. Any help would be great!

Do you have gaskets between the reed block and the housing? Where did that oko come from? If it came from zeda motor sports is it the drilled one they offer?

Hi. Yep all the gaskets are there. Got the kit from bicycle-engines.com. I took the motor off. Going back to my tried and true stock Skyhawk.

Ok so firstly the idle adjust should not be all the way in but rather half way out witch will drop the slide even farther reducing idle speed.Also the pilot jet is way too lean combined with the needle being to low,as you gave it throttle you can hear the flat bog from being lean,try a # 38 pilot jet or drill your's out.The air screw when pilot is correct will fine tune the idle and transition off idle.The stock exhaust pipe is also going to hold you back and make tunning it harder to achive.

It was supposed to of had the .38 jet stock. You think that was all caused by the needle clip setting? I've since sent the motor back.. I think there was a leak where the modified port met the cylinder. I don't know it's out of my hair now lol

Back