Zeda stroke much?

INTP_ty

Local time
3:22 AM
These kits can NOT all be the same. I have a Zeda80 & a fleabay kit before me. Zeda implements a double vase gasket. I prefer a single as torque is what I’m after, but the piston hits the head before it can do a full rotation.

The stroke has to be a few mm more. Worried if I use 2 head gaskets, I’ll shatter the top of the piston. Who cares if it’ll rotate-the piston has a little throw in the upward direction on its cycle up -it’ll annihilate itself

Theres two types of pistons. One's got the pin higher up. If you use the low pin piston on the high pin piston rod youll encounter this.

High pin pistons have longer rods.

Attachments

• piston2.jpg
    piston2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 134
These kits can NOT all be the same. I have a Zeda80 & a fleabay kit before me. Zeda implements a double vase gasket. I prefer a single as torque is what I’m after, but the piston hits the head before it can do a full rotation.

The stroke has to be a few mm more. Worried if I use 2 head gaskets, I’ll shatter the top of the piston. Who cares if it’ll rotate-the piston has a little throw in the upward direction on its cycle up -it’ll annihilate itself
The Zeda has 2mm more stroke so they raise the jug to get the clearence on top,two head gaskets is not a good idea because for 1 - port timming will be off a bit and 2 - double head gaskets are much more likely to blow out than the base.

Yep two major types of geometry's and one hybrid one that is a jumbled mix of the two used both of them personally.

I like the Zeda's, the Type-B has better timing and feels more right below 6k, but on the other hand, the Type-A feels almost as good, and i got a pk80 there just as fun as i find the pk80's have the highest peak torque in the high rpm range then the zeda 80 where its set lower.

I have a long a** hill climb, VERY steep hill climb, and tested both motors with the same carb and the pk 80 loads up alot more and starts dropping in power half way and i have to start peddling, but on the other hand the Zeda 80 with the bigger exhaust port doesn't load up and climbs the whole way up no problem

You'll be fine with the 2 bases on the Zeda. They have around 165 PSI compression at sea level, and that = torque. I

On the Zedas its best to use a single base gasket and a slightly thicker head gasket. Better port timing and higher compression. Most wont physically hit when freshly built, but after a few miles they may start to kiss at high RPMs.

Because of the higher compression and longer stroke my triple40s with a 36t have the same or better low end than my older jet66cc kits with the 44t while topping out 5-7mph faster(avg ~35mph stock vs 28-30).

Stock alum. ones are usually .7mm. You should remove material from the jug rather than the head when trying to increase comp. or adjusting squish gap. When you remove it from the head the more you remove the farther the outer edge of the squish band protrudes into the chamber. This is a even bigger problem with the stock heads that already protrude in substantially. Ideally you want the squish band to extend to the chamber wall.
View media item 61116
View media item 61115

Back