zeda vs pk80

Bigdave86

Local time
8:59 PM
could somebody tell me whats the difference between zeda and pk80, is there any difference?

Long rod vs short rod.
The pk80 has a short rod which has less reciprocating mass but steeper rod angles. Been told they rev higher.

The zeda is a long rod and it's the heaviest rod I have weighed. Less rod angle. Told these make better low end power.

I can't give you a comparison because I have never owned a pk80.

PK80s are great motors, the newer ones have some of the nicest out of the box ports I have ever seen. Zeda has been kind of crappy lately, if I were looking for a motor now it would likely be a true PK80 (unless I convinced myself to do spend 3x the money and do a billet case AM6 build).

I have been noticing some really crappy loking ports on the Zedas lately as well. Just ordered a PK80 ripper, and a stock PK80 from BMW. I have in stock 4 G4 cylinders, and 4 HP heads from BMW, so if I like the Ripper setup I can make a few of my own. Recently did a engine replacement using a CDH ZL40mm bottom end, the G4 jug, and HP head. Had to deck .060" from the G4 jug and use a single base, and .6 copper head gasket to get .75mm squish. with the mz pipe it's a power house combo. Would be a lot easier with the PK. Much less decking.

For a while CDH was shipping engines that said PK80 on the boxes, but were the ZL40mm rod engines with long rod B type set up.

I have been noticing some really crappy loking ports on the Zedas lately as well. Just ordered a PK80 ripper, and a stock PK80 from BMW. I have in stock 4 G4 cylinders, and 4 HP heads from BMW, so if I like the Ripper setup I can make a few of my own. Recently did a engine replacement using a CDH ZL40mm bottom end, the G4 jug, and HP head. Had to deck .060" from the G4 jug and use a single base, and .6 copper head gasket to get .75mm squish. with the mz pipe it's a power house combo. Would be a lot easier with the PK. Much less decking.

For a while CDH was shipping engines that said PK80 on the boxes, but were the ZL40mm rod engines with long rod B type set up.
The chrome has been garbage as well on the newer zedas. Some are just the slight specs that look like sand where it will eventually wear, and sometimes you actually can SEE where the chrome is very thin.

I did similar with my G5 steel sleeve head on my Triple40 and am very happy with it. Had to deck bit over .060" for me to get it right (think it was 1.75mm/~.07"). Then ramped the piston for the intake and transfers, widened and removed the divider from the transfers, and slightly widened the ports with a *tiny* bit of raising since I wasn't measuring lol(basically just cleaned the ports, not a ton of actual porting there - mainly focused on the transfers since they didn't match the bottom end well). Took quite a bit to make it right but even with a mild piston port job the thing just rips.

The chrome has been garbage as well on the newer zedas. Some are just the slight specs that look like sand where it will eventually wear, and sometimes you actually can SEE where the chrome is very thin.

I did similar with my G5 steel sleeve head on my Triple40 and am very happy with it. Had to deck bit over .060" for me to get it right (think it was 1.75mm/~.07"). Then ramped the piston for the intake and transfers, widened and removed the divider from the transfers, and slightly widened the ports with a *tiny* bit of raising since I wasn't measuring lol(basically just cleaned the ports, not a ton of actual porting there - mainly focused on the transfers since they didn't match the bottom end well). Took quite a bit to make it right but even with a mild piston port job the thing just rips.
The bad chrome on the Zeda engines I have is what caused me to buy the G4 jugs as replacements. On the one I just did I left the partitions in the transfers and removed the 1 in the exhaust. Don't really know much more than what I have read about it, but is made sense that the small exhaust partition could swell under heat and bulge into the cylinder. Figured I'd kill 2 with 1 and get rid of it while lifting the port just a little. They came stock with 3.8mm of blow down so I just took it up to 4. I'm really impressed by them. Did you notice how much tougher the metal was compared the other style cylinders when you did the decking?

The bad chrome on the Zeda engines I have is what caused me to buy the G4 jugs as replacements. On the one I just did I left the partitions in the transfers and removed the 1 in the exhaust. Don't really know much more than what I have read about it, but is made sense that the small exhaust partition could swell under heat and bulge into the cylinder. Figured I'd kill 2 with 1 and get rid of it while lifting the port just a little. They came stock with 3.8mm of blow down so I just took it up to 4. I'm really impressed by them. Did you notice how much tougher the metal was compared the other style cylinders when you did the decking?
Yep, its tough! Wouldn't want to be the one to try to deck it by hand with sandpaper and glass like a stock jug...it would take forever.

This PDF will show you the technical differences...DAMIEN

The bad chrome on the Zeda engines I have is what caused me to buy the G4 jugs as replacements.
Ps...The Zeda and Phantom engines, (both made by ZTMoto, Zeda Technology Co., LTD), have not used chrome lining in years now, they are using ceramic lining at this time which is far superior to chrome lining. (This Ps. posted on June 10th, 2023).

Attachments

• Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 181
Back