Zeda80 engine build.(obtaining parts and game plan) (69.4cc)

My motor is finally purchased...i went with the pre sale option at $109 ,delivery im not sure when will take place..This will be somewhat of a slow build as im only expecting to invest so much per month towards the build and im in no hurry anyways..lol

You can find this particular motor and alot more sold through
ZedaMotorsports.com

Expect lots of before and after pics of the build.

Ill start with bottom end and show more as it happens.

So, heres the game plan for the bottom end build...To start, the motor will be taken apart and inspected prior to the changes and thoroughly cleaned.

(Bottom end)
1. Balanced crank (Zeda factory)
2. Lightened rod and pin
4 RB Tech 6202 2RS C3 (ABEC 3) premium crank and clutch bearings.
4. Upgrade upper rod bearing.
5. Seal retainer. (comes with motor)
6. Arrow (Red) metallic clutch pads

Last edited:
Sigh..im lost....considering stock is supposed to 10x14x13 and if the bearing i ordered which is said to be the same if it is shorter then apparently thats not what i want to use...why would i want to go smaller if stock is already considered too small.
Idk if stock is considered too small.. more like just a fragile cage. Or maybe the cages fail because of the con rod walking over the ends of the pins, idk.
I would feel more confident with less freaky shape, although that 15.7mm bearing is as bad for pineapple grenade shrapnel chunks as the stock cage. :rolleyes:

Thats still less than i paid for the bearing i ordered..i paid $19.50 shipped.
If the cage doesn't break into chunks that wreck your cylinder then it's paid for itself. :)
I just meant I needed to take back the comment that the 15.7 is no more expensive than the stock replacement bearing. Long pins are good I think. :)

This a Malossi 10x14x13 which looks like the stock design bearing but im sure with better quality control during the manufacturing process as well as maybe better quality material.
malossi-bearing-6616783b-3T.jpg

This is the Gilardoni 10x14x13 bearing i ordered which in the pic appears to be larger but it could just be the distance used when taking the picture of the product...im hoping this is larger or at least the same size as stock..and to me it looks like it may use a thinner needle bearing but more of them...guess ill find out eventually.
gilardoni-bearing-10x14x13-2.jpg

Last edited:
This a Malossi 10x14x13 which looks like the stock design bearing but im sure with better quality control during the manufacturing process as well as maybe better quality material.
View attachment 79277
This is the Gilardoni 10x14x13 bearing i ordered which in the pic appears to be larger but it could just be the distance used when taking the picture of the product...im hoping this is larger or at least the same size as stock
View attachment 79278
Oh wow that is definitely different from the one I got, not just a bit of silver plating. The malossi looks different again. Too much choice now! :)

Edit: the pins have to be 2mm, surely, no matter how many there are.

I got the "Competition Race" version whatever merit that may hold.

It may not even look like the bearing they provided in the pic..i dont know just yet...ill post up a pic when i get it.

I posted this once already i think but heres the link to the 10x14x13 bearings treatland sells...if you search 10x14x15 nothing shows up.
https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=10x14x13
I don't really understand why our pistons take a 15mm+ bearing when it is soo unusual! If they just made the damn piston to take a 13mm long bearing we'd have no problem finding alternatives to try (and we might not even need to). :rolleyes:

From what ive read the lower rod bearing is 15mm width..i dont know...i havent really found any conclusive information or a single place for true accurate information regarding specs..too many variables i guess.

I read the 48 49cc uses a 10x14x12 upper bearing but someone said its actually 12.7mm which can be called 13mm if rounded off.

I need the motor in hand to find out what is what at least on the model im getting....hopefully its shipped soon.

Ooooh! That is an interesting find! It does appear to have longer pins than stock.
I'm sure it's worthwhile having a look at one. Can't be worse than a spare stock bearing at the same price. :)
When I saw it earlier I thought of you since they had a UK flag for translations. I shot them a email to see if they ship across the pond. If it's a good bearing it would be worth ordering a bunch of them and getting a better shipping rate to use in all future builds. Just waiting for their reply.

When I saw it earlier I thought of you since they had a UK flag for translations. I shot them a email to see if they ship across the pond. If it's a good bearing it would be worth ordering a bunch of them and getting a better shipping rate to use in all future builds.
Shipping page says 0-100g costs €4.90 to non EU countries and that means worldwide I think. I am considering ordering one just to see it in real life. But it would be for my second build and I have not run the engine on my first build lol! (Tomorrow hopefully I will)

Back