Zeda80 engine build.(obtaining parts and game plan) (69.4cc)

My motor is finally purchased...i went with the pre sale option at $109 ,delivery im not sure when will take place..This will be somewhat of a slow build as im only expecting to invest so much per month towards the build and im in no hurry anyways..lol

You can find this particular motor and alot more sold through
ZedaMotorsports.com

Expect lots of before and after pics of the build.

Ill start with bottom end and show more as it happens.

So, heres the game plan for the bottom end build...To start, the motor will be taken apart and inspected prior to the changes and thoroughly cleaned.

(Bottom end)
1. Balanced crank (Zeda factory)
2. Lightened rod and pin
4 RB Tech 6202 2RS C3 (ABEC 3) premium crank and clutch bearings.
4. Upgrade upper rod bearing.
5. Seal retainer. (comes with motor)
6. Arrow (Red) metallic clutch pads

Last edited:
Also received my crank and clutch bearings..When i ordered them there was no name associated with them but they are china bearings manufactured by a company called RB Tech...a premium brand for chinese bearings..Guess ill see how they hold up...

I wouldnt expect these cheap motors to even use a premium china brand bearing so, hopefully an adequate upgrade.
View attachment 79326
Well they sent them to you in a box instead of individually wrapped "drug baggies," that's a good sign.

Yea, i was surprised they had a name to them...looked up the company and they've been supplying the USA since 1990.

I picked them up here for less than $4 a piece and it was $7 to ship them.
http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com

I think im going to order some of those Arrow racing metallic clutch pads and a Zeda windowed piston to complete what all ill need to build the bottom end....The rest is just labor to finish up.

Im reading on another thread the pre order motors were picked up today so hopefully within a week ill have the motor and can get started on it.

Last edited:
Yea, i was surprised they had a name to them...looked up the company and they've been supplying the USA since 1990.

I picked them up here for less than $4 a piece and it was $7 to ship them.
http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com

I think im going to order some of those Arrow racing metallic clutch pads and a Zeda windowed piston to complete what all ill need to build the bottom end....The rest is just labor to finish up.

Im reading on another thread the pre order motors were picked up today so hopefully within a week ill have the motor and can get started on it.
Those one of the folks that supply the conveyer belt parts I was talking about some time ago, they are reliable and I trust their products.

Awesome..good to know...ty....funny thing is that company shows they sell skf, fag, and other high quality bearings but when you search by name you get zero results...guess you would need to call to get anything other than what they show listed which is not associated by name brand.

I want what are considered "upgraded" crankcase seals...Where do i find them and what size(s) am i looking for?

Getting a quote on ptfe seals but im sure im not going to like the price..o_O
If you are getting a quote for an object that already exists in several varieties and available by the tens of thousands then you are going to get ripped off. That seal is to my knowledge a standardized size, couldn't tell you what for but it already exists in a easily found and bought item in that material, the only thing I can't tell you is where I saw it other than I know I've read it and seen other's photographs of it on this site.

You may want to look deeper into the site with some carefully laid search terms or find out what exactly that seal is considered (basically the same as any other crankshaft seal from what I can tell) and who would supply other versions/sizes of that kind of seal. Moped and scooter parts stores are the kind of place that has seals that are small enough for these, other places that service small engines would be able to find a compatible part probably. Honestly you can get nice orange vitron seals for the harbor freight engines so finding one that will match these shouldn't be too hard.

If you are getting a quote for an object that already exists in several varieties and available by the tens of thousands then you are going to get ripped off. That seal is to my knowledge a standardized size, couldn't tell you what for but it already exists in a easily found and bought item in that material, the only thing I can't tell you is where I saw it other than I know I've read it and seen other's photographs of it on this site.

You may want to look deeper into the site with some carefully laid search terms or find out what exactly that seal is considered (basically the same as any other crankshaft seal from what I can tell) and who would supply other versions/sizes of that kind of seal. Moped and scooter parts stores are the kind of place that has seals that are small enough for these, other places that service small engines would be able to find a compatible part probably. Honestly you can get nice orange vitron seals for the harbor freight engines so finding one that will match these shouldn't be too hard.

Yea,thank you... ive since been informed that i need a 15x27x7 for the seal and to get at minimum a double lip seal to be considered an upgrade seal.

Last edited:
Yea,thank you... ive since been informed that i need a 15x27x7 for the seal and to get at minimum a double lip seal to be considered an upgrade seal.
Rotor side 14.8x27x3.8 bevel gear 14.8x27x7.5 From what I have been reading the double lip is mostly used to keep water out. The spring is located on the inner lip so the outer lip isn't going to really help in the sealing of pressure or vacuum.

Last edited:
Back