Zeda80 mounting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
4:24 AM
So I got the zeda 80 kit and have it all installed on my huffy Cranbrook cruiser but when the motor is positioned correctly the gear case mashes down on the crank sprocket so hard that it won't even peddle. So I positioned the motor forward a little bit, just enough to get it from smashing down on the crank sprocket and in doing so when I tighten it down it tilts the motor a little bit cause the exhaust pipe presses on the frame. I would think that this kit would easily mount up on a beach cruiser but I was wrong. Does anyone please have any suggestions as far as mounting. Is there any mounting brackets that I can buy that would work better for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I got the zeda 80 kit and have it all installed on my huffy Cranbrook cruiser but when the motor is positioned correctly the gear case mashes down on the crank sprocket so hard that it won't even peddle. So I positioned the motor forward a little bit, just enough to get it from smashing down on the crank sprocket and in doing so when I tighten it down it tilts the motor a little bit cause the exhaust pipe presses on the frame. I would think that this kit would easily mount up on a beach cruiser but I was wrong. Does anyone please have any suggestions as far as mounting. Is there any mounting brackets that I can buy that would work better for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Put the plate on the front and use a muffler clamp. I suggest putting some metal tubing between the clamp and the frame.

put a piece of PVC in rear mount to lift it a bit - for muffler, file the mounting holes up a bit on one side and down a bit on other side so you can rotate it until is misses frame

one size never fits all, but at least adjustments are easy

Put the plate on the front and use a muffler clamp. I suggest putting some metal tubing between the clamp and the frame.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Are you talking about the plate and u bolt that came with the kit that has no use?

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Are you talking about the plate and u bolt that came with the kit that has no use?
That's tho one, and that's what it's for. You may need to do some minor modifications to get the holes to line up with a muffler clamp to fit your down tube, but once you get it dialed in it will be a very sturdy mount. Don't forget to use some split tubing between the clamp and frame to keep the pressure and vibration form making the clamp eat a hole in the frame. This should get you up high enough to clear everything.

You mind making a video and putting it on YouTube showing what you had to do to put the motor on a Cranbrook? My motor is apparently coming in the mail (received a gas tank yesterday... Maybe the rest will come later??). I got a huffy Cranbrook for it and you're first hand experience would be really good to have not just for me but probably a lot of other people considering how popular the Cranbrook combination is

That's tho one, and that's what it's for. You may need to do some minor modifications to get the holes to line up with a muffler clamp to fit your down tube, but once you get it dialed in it will be a very sturdy mount. Don't forget to use some split tubing between the clamp and frame to keep the pressure and vibration form making the clamp eat a hole in the frame. This should get you up high enough to clear everything.
Hey would something like this work the same?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171014-171055.png
    Screenshot_20171014-171055.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 138
Hard to say. Maybe if it was turned over so the offset was downward rather than upward to better address your clearance issues at the bottom of the engine. I think if it is upwards as shown you may still be into the pedal sprocket. Also shims between the clamp and down tube.

Hard to say. Maybe if it was turned over so the offset was downward rather than upward to better address your clearance issues at the bottom of the engine. I think if it is upwards as shown you may still be into the pedal sprocket. Also shims between the clamp and down tube.
Alright thanks a bunch man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back