Zirconia Ceramic Bearings?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
8:38 PM

Attachments

• 51mOwzVLp2L._SL1001_.jpg
    51mOwzVLp2L._SL1001_.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 131
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As long as the tensile strength is as good as steel and can handle the heat like the steel i don't see anything that could go wrong with it. I'm not familiar with ceramic bearings

These are the products descripton and i googled it thhe adding of the zirconia dioxide to the ceramic gives it alot of strength and durabilitty for what it reads

Product features
【ZrO2 and PTFE】This ceramic bearing is made of high quality ceramic ZrO2 and PTFE material, high precision and high speed.
【full ceramic】The is a full ceramic ball bearing with diamagnetic electrically insulating, has better performance than metal ball ceramic bearings.
【anti-corrosion 】Resistant to corrosion and able to operate in harsh conditions.
【smooth】Small frictional resistance, low power consumption, high mechanical efficiency, more efficient than metal bearings.
【wide applications】Standardization size, can be used for machinery manufacturing, equipment installation and maintenance.

Unlike other ceramic materials, zirconium oxide (ZrO2 –also known as zirconia) is a material with very high resistance to crack propagation. Zirconium oxide ceramics also have very high thermal expansion and are therefore often the material of choice for joining ceramic and steel.

Zirconia Is a Ceramic. Zirconia, like many ceramics, contains metal atoms, but it's not a metal. It's a ceramic, one which combines the biocompatible aspects ofceramics with a very high strength–stronger than titanium in some ways. Zirconia is zirconium dioxide (ZrO2)

Ceramic bearings can be run completely dry on (Light applications) but if you do run grease its probably good too use a very light grease like lithium grease for motors and high torque applications

Last edited:
Back