Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Wide EVERYTHING

Yes the Grubee wide boy still has an extra 2 inch crank extension on the right side. The key is the Gearbox mount. Make it clear the left side vertically & it will work with any motor. This conversion actually made this bike more balanced. I used the Staton adapter & his H.D. 3 shoe clutch. It added 1 1/2 inches to the width. Works fantastic. Here is before & after.

IMG_1147.jpg Before with GP 460

IMG_1446.jpg Now with GXH 50 Same mounts for the gearbox. Bolted right on.

I'm real new to this and haven't build a bike yet. I'm building a sports car from scratch right now. A Lotus seven. So I am a pretty experanced fabricator/welder. My questions are,
1. where do you get/order the gear box, As I understand, you mount the gear box to the frame and bolt the engine to the box.??
2.What does the rear hub do? what does the gear box do? Does it just work as a clutch?
3.Do the disk brakes work as well as needed?
4.Are you the most pleased with the Honda motor?
I'm wanting to build one that is a bit more like a board track racer, but yours is "way" cool.
wayne in Longmont Co.

Thread

Thanks, all of your questions are answered in detail in the first 6 pages of this thread. Except yes I like the Honda 50 motor the best. It's not as LOUD as the GP 460. Not as fast, but it's a bicycle. 45 mph is fast enough.

well, thanks for responding and I know I'm not the brightest but I read every word of your posts and I still Have a couple questions.
1. where do the Straton gear boxes Come from? And is that Stratton like
Briggs & ???
2. Your free wheel sproket, is that a bike part or something from an industrial supply?
Wayne

If you could, I'll catch up soon.

The gear box, and probly the freewheel come from Staton-Inc., not "Stratton".

Free Wheel

I think.. comes from an Italian source... To drive one direction without disturbing the balance from the other. Readily available at your local bike shop. They usually screw on. Come in different tooth sizes. As far as Where the STATON comes from..!! Well Dave's an OKEE from OK City & they make the gearbox & clutches right there in USA - OKLAHOMA CITY.

Heart of America.

If you had a name for what the freewheel is would be AWESOME because my LBS has no idea what it is.

A Year later

The Honda 50 is still my favorite. Only expense has been the oil change. Geared to take advantage of Mr NuVincis' hub & still going strong.....

It's good to hear that you're still cruising. I agree that a motor, precission "purpose built" to drive a vehicle, is the most trouble free way to go.

Back