Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

that IS pretty sweet!!

tell us about the engine ...not a happytime...4 stroke?

& the torque converter...tell me more

Dude I dig the tank! May have to try that myself. What did you use to weld into the tank to hold the speedo? If that's what you did that is. Is it licensed for street use? Just wondering its got a tag!

Lynn

Really cool! Love the tank! Is the engine the same as the ones used on most of the chinese scooters? Looks similar.

Mike

Tanks

Yes that speedo is cut away & welded into the tank. I wouldn't reccomend this type of mechanical speedo though-it works. The newer electronic ones are more accurate & less trouble to hook up. This is def old school. The engine is a Mitsubishi clone. Cheap Chinese 49cc you can buy for 100 bucks. Fits most gopeds. The Torque converter is also another fine product from China. I got it from Staton-Inc for 75.00.

This bike is Totaly legal during daylight hours in CA. Yes that plate is real.
I welded a battery box under the engine so lights are in the near future.

IMG_0876.jpgIMG_0875.jpgIMG_0877.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you find that speedo? A 40 mph mechanical speedo is what I've been looking for. The only ones I could find goes to 60.

Thanks again. Hey L.F. This is a stock Whizzer speedo I think... It came to me with some other stuff from a guy that sold for the $ to go to next project. I have a Motobecane mechanical that I took - off that is rectangular & needs some body that would apprieciate it. It goes to 40. Let me know if you want it. I'll send to a good home for the price of ship to you prob 5.00 US send me a PM.

Bannana Seat

Got the seat & put it on today. I also changed the crank. I had to extend the right pedal to clear the CVT.

IMG_0880.jpg

Back